Print Story Eureka!
By purr (Fri Jul 09, 2010 at 11:30:51 PM EST) (all tags)
Yes I said it!

Now I could use some floss.

I love the SyFy channel! Eureka is back on. Collin Ferguson is so cute!  Yea!

The swim meet championship is tomorrow! Other than a bag of ice I can pick up tomorrow and washing some clothes, I think we are ready. Then all that would be left is the banquet. Woo Hoo.

Finished "Leader of the Pack". It was good. It has been a long time since I read a book that ended with out a cliff hanger. The story actually had an ending which wrapped up all the loose ends.

Went to the pool today. Well truly I go to the pool Monday thru Friday to take my daughter to swim practice, but I don't usually stay after practice is over. Today we stayed. And I got sunburnt on my back. Its not so bad though, because it doesn't hurt a lot. So that is cool.

Looks like we may be going to see "Despicable Me". My daughter can't wait to see it. I put her off as long as I think I can.  Looks like a good movie.  The other movie she desperately wants to see is the "Last Air Bender". I think that is my influence on her. Ooops.

Today my husband did something really dumb. He is usually very smart but he can make some really dumb choices sometimes. He was working outside all morning long and part of the afternoon. He had a good breakfast but didn't eat anything for lunch. So after being outside in 100+ temps all day, he joined us at the pool and immediately started drinking alcohol. He started with Vodka and lemonade and then moved on to beer. He was at the pool for 4 1/5 hours. When he came home, he wasn't feeling good and he was surprised that he didn't feel good. Go figure. I tried to tell him that was a smart idea but he scoffed at me. Oh well. He is a big boy who can make his own decisions.

Oh yeah, the pest control guy came today. Only charged me $45 since I am a long standing customer. He sprayed outside the house and a little inside. I haven't seen an ant in the house since. It is awesome. Love it!

Geez this is a boring diary. Sorry. I will do better next time.

< Ain't no day like it. | It's been two years since I wrote >
Eureka! | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I took the lad to see Predators. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 03:10:18 AM EST
Therefore, I am a way cooler parent than you.

OOOOH by purr (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 11:54:37 AM EST
was it any good?
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
Predator > Predators > Predator 2 > AvP by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 03:09:39 PM EST

So are you not talking about by purr (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 03:27:31 PM EST
the latest Predator movie that just came out? Well shoot. I was looking for a review.
He said by hulver (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 05:32:09 PM EST
It was better than Predator 2, but not as good as the original Predator.

What more do you need to know?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock

Yes, what hulver said. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #9 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 06:11:30 PM EST
Some plot points were telegraphed from last Wednesday, and some of the "warrior" stereotype characters were overdone (looking at you, Mr. Spetznaz & Mr. Sierra Leone) but the story was fun, Morpheus had some nice scenes, and the ending was satisfactorily grim. I felt that we received good value for my twelve American Yanquipetrodollars.

I wouldn't brag by hulver (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 03:28:42 AM EST
About being a long standing customer of a pest controller. ;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
It's an American thing by dmg (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Jul 11, 2010 at 12:35:35 AM EST
They all have them. Same with dentists.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Yeah by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Jul 12, 2010 at 09:46:43 AM EST
But he sprayed a little inside wink, wink

What? by purr (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jul 16, 2010 at 10:15:38 PM EST
you don't have insects in England
We have insects. by hulver (2.00 / 0) #13 Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 02:10:18 PM EST
I don't feel the need to exterminate them though, we've never had any that would cause a health risk.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
So you are ok by purr (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:37:14 PM EST
with ants crawling on your food in your pantry? That is what it is like here in the USA in the south. Humans have not depleted the ants habitats. In fact human mass population seems to have encouraged the ants into mass population and very little keeps them from entering our domains; hence the need for pest control people.
Ants by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 04:49:26 AM EST
I'm sure there's a reason for paying $45 when a can of ant spray probably costs less than $5

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I live in the south (USA) by purr (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Jul 10, 2010 at 11:53:41 AM EST
And the ants went through a can of Ant Spray and a gallon of the mix that was sprayed outside and inside. Neither of them put a dent in the ant population. The pest control guys use that spray that requires the person doing the spraying to be licensed and certified for those particular chemicals. Ants and Cockroaches are very resilient insects.
Eureka! | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback