Print Story Ahoy Boston Infidels
Husi Stock
By ana (Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 04:55:57 PM EST) Boston Husi Lunch (all tags)
Lunch. Redbones. Saturday June 19th, noon. Be there.

Or suggest another time/date. We can be somewhat flexible.

This is Redbones. They have a beer wheel.

It's baking weekend. I signed up to make coffee at work every morning this coming week, and while goodies are optional, they're also expected. And baking is fun, in moderation at least, so. Thus far: Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies (see under the Quaker Oats lid); Grandma's Ginger Snaps (not clear whose grandma we're talking about); and a pineapple upside down cake based on Betty Crocker, except done in a skillet, as directed by toxicfur, and with an actual fresh pineapple instead of the canned one suggested by the cookery bookery.

We'll see how all that holds up; there might be enough oatmeal cookies for two mornings. The cake goes on the block tomorrow, while it's more or less fresh. If need be, there's also a box of Girl Scout shortbread cookies somebody pushed at us.

Saturday is opening day for the softball team. Without us, this year. Or is it the 19th? I forget, not having to pay attention. It hasn't been that much fun the last couple years, and the priest who organized our team the first, what, 5 years of the league has moved on now. We like the new manager, and he's more geared toward competition than pastoral care of his players, so maybe they'll win a few games. I rather hope so.

I certainly met more people at the church through the softball team (and recruited a couple of them for the choir) than through any other activity, so it's good in that way at least.

< Joe College Speaks! | IT'S DONE! >
Ahoy Boston Infidels | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Sounds good by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #1 Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 07:58:05 PM EST
A little later lunch would be cool, but no big deal either way.

Probably 3 attendees total. Two people from the internets, and one visiting from Toronto.

Could probably do one... by ana (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 08:16:04 PM EST
Any comments?

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

comments by infinitera (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Jun 07, 2010 at 11:30:25 AM EST
One is better than noon!

that should work by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Jun 07, 2010 at 07:18:39 PM EST
It means leaving Sasquatchia at a lunchy time rather than a brunchy time, so that's good.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician
Please to be mailing by johnny (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Jun 07, 2010 at 10:41:16 AM EST
oatmeal cookies to the address you have for me in your rolodex. kthxbye.

oddly enough by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Jun 07, 2010 at 10:03:51 PM EST
I could probably do that Sat. with kids in tow.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I've stated elsewhere my intent to attend by aethucyn (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Jun 14, 2010 at 09:21:41 PM EST
But I should also mention that there is a probable plus one. Just in case anybody is attempting to count chairs ahead of time.

Ahoy Boston Infidels | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback