Print Story Latham & Watkins INFESTED WITH MORLOCKS (link)
By nathan (Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 10:51:20 AM EST) (all tags)
Latham & Watkins: huge, rich, mighty, and connected. And now, infested with Morlocks.

The link is here.
< You've lost a million dollars! | Burning hyrdrocarbons on the edge of dawn. >
Latham & Watkins INFESTED WITH MORLOCKS (link) | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
hah by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 11:46:06 AM EST
that's prety funny.

the fenwick & west sex link is also awesome.

just searched for the one about DLA Piper by nathan (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:01:09 PM EST
Couldn't find it. I wonder what it said.

i will say by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:10:55 PM EST
that i find it amusing that 70% of young lawyers are using facebook, and i certainly think that how firms respond to this says a lot about their corporate culture and whether i would want to work for them.
it may just be reflexive risk aversion by nathan (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:27:20 PM EST
You know how firms are.

right. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:37:26 PM EST
but some are more reflexively risk averse than others.
despite what the recruiter told you, by nathan (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:53:48 PM EST
Quinn isn't cool. It's a lit sweatshop where you can wear jeans. Or to put it another way, "CHECK YOU EMAILS..."

i've not talked to any recruiters by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 12:55:36 PM EST
but i'll bear that in mind when they try to recruit me. :)
no idea how it works for PT by nathan (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 01:52:39 PM EST
Do you do OCI at the end of this summer?

I probably would this year, yes. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 02:03:32 PM EST
all corporations. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 06:05:26 PM EST
my corp doesn't want me to even list them as an employer in facebook. Which is fine, because I don't want them snooping on me in facebook either.

outside the office, you don't know each other! by nathan (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 06:24:54 PM EST
Racy!

I find that link to be ... by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Jun 04, 2010 at 06:17:37 PM EST
... much more boring than I had imagined while at the same time much more amusing than I had imagined.

Cicero, The Republic