Print Story il vostro futuro attende sua creazione
Logic & Maths
By gzt (Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 12:48:34 PM EST) gzt, trueprotein rocks, trueprotein, gore, israel, baseball, woo girls (all tags)
Off of some girl's tattoo on the train. I don't know what it's from, google isn't helpful. Perhaps it's not from anything. I think I got all the spelling and grammar right. It might be "la sua...", but I don't speak Italian.

Teh Wife got some freelance proofreading/copy-editing work, if she does well with this she might get more gigs, and she's been pointed towards a referral service thingy for freelance copy-editors and such. Good stuff.

My hatred for the day star grows daily.

I went to a baseball game last night. Home team lost. Didn't really care about them, really. It was a high-scoring game, but the runs were made with traditional rallies rather than slugfests. I got rained on a little. I had some margaritas. Beer is more expensive this year than last. I like minor league games more than these major league games, the ballpark atmosphere is better and everything is cheaper. Some time in the last decade they really started cranking up the volume of the sound systems in major league parks.

The state of Israel should not have been made in the first place. But, it exists and it's not going away, nor are the people who rightfully lived there and were forced out. That, to my mind, is the starting point of any discussion on the Israel-Palestine conflict. I start from a controversial place. I also don't like these discussions. I don't have any solutions, of course, and everything reminds me of that joke about the Irish man who is asked how to get somewhere and says, "Well, I wouldn't have started from here...".

Man, I'm still surprised Al and Tipper Gore are separating.

I had a dream that I was at a cookie potluck and I ate a lot of cookies. I want cookies.

TrueProtein got back to me. Yay! Shipping it out again. A+ for customer service.

Oh! Let's talk about baseball. Since when did they allow women in baseball stadiums? Women, try as they might, cannot actually be sports fans (at least, not for sports women are not playing, they can certainly be fans of gymnastics, figure skating, and weightlifting). They can be woo girls attending sporting events with some mild knowledge of the sport. They should drop the pretense and just go to a bar to be woo girls if they want to be woo girls. They should not be woo girls in my ear. Actually, ears, there were two directly behind me and the way the seats are staggered, they were perfectly framing my head.

< Somebody get the license on that truck? | Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist? >
il vostro futuro attende sua creazione | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Return Israel to the Canaanites by marvin (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 01:50:54 PM EST
Along with reparations with compound interest from 1400 BC for the actions of that Joshua dude during his post-Exodus invasion.

You can't bring airhorns to the game? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 01:59:37 PM EST
That would take care of the woo girls.

Good luck getting mns back with that troll.

volume of the sound systems by duxup (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 03:18:15 PM EST
Amen, thankfully our move from indoors to outdoors for the new Twins stadium has actually lowered the volume level...  football games on the other hand at the other venues . . . makes me not want to go.

____
Well by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 05:52:20 PM EST
I went to a baseball game two weeks ago. After the game, the military reservist guy I went with is apparently doing the post date disappearing act and the Phillies have been on a losing streak ever since.

I'm more upset about the Phillies. The guy was an Orioles fan anyway.

This is the second date at a baseball game that did not go well. I'm taking it as a sign.

yeah, baseball games are bad dates by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 06:09:19 PM EST
It might be okay if you've been dating for some time, but it just isn't something that goes well very early for so many reasons.

Why? by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 06:20:44 PM EST
I honestly would have never thought that it would be a bad date. The park is beautiful, there's enough food and people watching.

I knew more about the team than he did!

maybe the grammar is wrong by nathan (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 08:01:49 PM EST
Valid sentences made of common words will presumably appear as random hits on La Goog, even if the original wasn't a well-known quote.

On the other hand, La Wik informs me that, in Italian, definite articles correctly accompany possessive pronouns ("Mi piace il mio lavoro," I like my job.) In that case, we can read this as "your future awaits its creation." Not that I speak Italian, but this kind of sounds like an anglicism. "Your future awaits its creation" is idiomatically clunky Romanian; it would be better as "your future anticipates being created," ie, one noun per phrase.

But on the plus side, it's probably less wrong that most tatoos in Asian languages sported by non-Asians.

actually by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 08:44:38 PM EST
I took formal italian a long time ago and when I read the title - i thought it was wrong.

i.e. I thought it should read il vostro futuro attende la sua creazione.

On the other hand, the tat could just be slang anyway, so what does it matter?

yeah, who knows? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 09:44:09 PM EST
Perhaps the tattoo said "la sua" instead of "sua". It wasn't on her cleavage or anything, so I wasn't looking too intently. Perhaps it was wrong on the tattoo. either way, google doesn't pick up on it.

Now I feel bad in that people googling her tattoo in the future will find this page.

Where's xth when you *really* need him? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jun 02, 2010 at 08:23:57 PM EST
DAMN IT

The Israeli/Palestinian problem by lm (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 08:05:23 AM EST
If birth rates hold constant, the problem will mostly solve itself unless Israel moves away from democracy. But that's a long term view and no one seems to care much for looking fifty to a hundred years down the road.

This solution, however, would fall into place more quickly if life weren't so untenable for Arabs that are Christian in both Israel and Palestine.

Cicero, The Republic
(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 09:34:06 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 06:28:12 PM EST
But I'm pretty certain that Israeli citizens of non-Jewish descent get to vote, including the Palestinian ones.

With the exception of Haifa, the entire northern half of Israel is now predominantly populated by Israeli citizens of Palestinian descent.

Cicero, The Republic
(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 07:21:03 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Well, I certainly never claimed that they were by lm (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 07:30:42 PM EST
(getting an easy ride, that is)

My point is entirely that eventually, the voting Israeli citizens of Palestinian descent will outnumber the voting Israeli citizens of Jewish descent.

That is, unless something changes.

Cicero, The Republic
why just Christian? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 10:01:10 AM EST
It's pretty crappy for all of the non-Chosen.

The Christians get it from both sides by lm (2.00 / 0) #15 Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 06:25:49 PM EST
But aside from that, my point is based on the fact that Christian Israelis of Palestinian descent seem to be leaving the country as fast as they can get Visas while this is not true of Muslim Israelis of Palestinian descent. Consequently, the Palestinians would have a voting majority far more quickly if the Christians weren't leaving in such large numbers.

Cicero, The Republic