Print Story The usual stuff
By purr (Thu Jun 17, 2010 at 03:04:09 PM EST) swim meet, purple, books, temp tattoos (all tags)
Nothing too exciting.

Tonight is the big swim meet. Everyone seems excited. I know I am. It seems the coach thinks my daughter has slowed down in her Free-Style stroke. I say that because he didn't put her on either A or B Free-Style relay teams. I am kind of bummed about that. But she is doing the Butterfly for the Medley Relay. We only have one Medley Relay team for her age brackett.  Still this is the first swim meet of the season. If she does well in the regular Free-Style event then maybe she will get moved back on to a relay team.

Because I work on the committee, I convinced the rest of the committee to order and sale team temporary tattoos.  They look so cool!  (I secretly wanted them for myself) So anyway I started selling them this morning after swim team practice for twenty-five cents.  I have sold $6.25 worth of tattoos so far.  Everyone likes them.

My work called asking if I could come in today.  Of course I can't.  I need to be at the swim meet. I think I am the Director for our team tonight. I trade off that position with another lady from the swim team committee.  I rarely get to sit down and relax during meets because I work at all of them.  The meets are for the kids so I don't really mind that much.

I am just about finished with the Vampire Academy series of books. I got "Blood Promise" by Richelle Mead on Tuesday and finished it yesterday. Because I babysat a cat and puppy for a neighbor last week, they gave me a thank you card with a gift card to Books-A-Million. I can't wait to spend it but I have to think of how I want to invest that money into books. I don't buy books that I am only going to read once. I invest in books that I will read over and over again.

Currently I am reading "On the Prowl".  Its a medley of short stories by different published authors. Finished the first one, "Alpha and Omega" by Patricia Briggs. I was doing a great job of keeping up with my books read for this year. Well that all ended last month. I am like twelve books behind and I can't even pin point what month (May or June) that I read them. I do know I passed my 50 books read mark.

so this is really getting boring and I need to go paint my toenails and fingernails bright purple (swimteam colors) before the swim meet tonight. I will probably post a comment with swim meet results for my child if you are interested in checking back here in another seven or eight hours from now.
< Attention Kalu Uche Infidel | They were playing Eruption at the grocery store. >
The usual stuff | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Leigh BrackeTT :: Age BrackeT by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Jun 17, 2010 at 03:51:41 PM EST
sale :: sell

Yeah, post her 'fly split time. I'm still hypercompetitive about that shit through the years.

and where were you by purr (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jun 17, 2010 at 11:04:26 PM EST
when I needed help checking my grammar and spelling?
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
Posting this? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jun 17, 2010 at 11:56:47 PM EST
What was her time?

Swim Meet results for my daughter by purr (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 at 11:03:04 PM EST
Girls 9 - 10  Freestyle
     7th Place her time is 19.31

Gilrs 9 - 10 Backstroke
      15th Place (no ribbon) her time 25.87

Girls 9 - 10 Butterfly
     3rd Place her time 21.46

Girls 9 - 10 Medley Relay
     4th Place (no ribbon) overall time 1:48.19

Overall she did good.  I am still smarting over the fact that her coach put her in the C relay team.  She is second best in butterfly. She should have been in the B relay team.  Oh well, I will keep my opinions to myself and here where noone cares.

And hey, I sold 60 team tattoos tonight. That was impressive. Of course I only sold tattoos an hour before the swim meet started then all HELL broke out.  My volunteer job tonight at the swim meet was to work computer. Of course that is where a good bit of the problems started and ended. I got to piss people off for not doing their signed jobs and that was lots of funny.
long/short course? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jun 18, 2010 at 03:18:31 AM EST
50 meters or 50 yards?
Yeah, you should be proud. Those are really good times for her age bracket. In fact, back in the day her fly time would've earned her a berth at our state's high school meet.

not exactly by purr (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jun 18, 2010 at 08:26:14 AM EST

ages 10 and below only swim across pool for 25 yards/meters. Though last nights pool is 25 yards. Two of the teams we swim against have the 25 meter length pool. Ages 11 and up have to do the turn around and swim a full 50 yards/meters. But I am still proud.  She has a pretty Freestyle and Butterfly. Her Backstroke is ok and her Breaststroke is really ugly but legal.

Yeah, that's a little different. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Jun 18, 2010 at 08:32:18 AM EST
She'll get there if you and her coaches continue to encourage her. Good luck!

Thanks by purr (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Jun 18, 2010 at 03:02:10 PM EST
This may be her last year. She really didn't want to swim this year (to start out with) but the swim team committee wouldn't let me quit. So I made her do it this year. Next year I am not doing the swim team committee and I am not going to make her do it if she doesn't want to.  We are only a month into the season and she is so tiny but eating like a horse.
The usual stuff | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback