Print Story annoying parade by office
Kuro5hin
By gzt (Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 01:24:03 PM EST) gzt, voodoo, rant, muttonchops, hockey, parade (all tags)
apparently there was some big hockey victory or something. hockey?! in june?!

My arms have a decent tan now from the softball game. My face is a little burnt. I need to do more sprinting. Sprinting is good for you. I resolved to do hill sprints a little while ago, but didn't get around to actually doing them. I thought about Friday-Saturday-Monday-Tuesday training for the next few weeks, but Thursday-Saturday-Monday-Tuesday might work better.

Wife OKed the moustache and muttonchops idea. Maybe I'll rock the moustache all week.

Friggin' parade. I guess I'll eat at the cafeteria today. Hmm, shrimp today. Lot of noise. Lot of people on the street. I hope they clear out before I go home.

This man, often going under the moniker "Rant", is an interesting fellow sometimes: http://moynihaninstitute.com/ Utterly crazy, though.

Oh, right! I have to do this stupid little thing for somebody. After sending a note to my boss reminding her that some important stuff needs to be found out and decided by her very soon.

I now have the luxury to pick apart that excel thing that isn't working. There is no reason why it should not work. But it doesn't. It's just voodoo.

This is awesome: http://www.slate.com/id/2255105/ The Three Christs of Ypsilanti.

< It's crisis fortnight! | Supposition >
annoying parade by office | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I wonder how Canada feels by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 01:27:26 PM EST
about not even competing in the championship for a sport they invented.

...

we feel a combination of grumpy and resigned by clover kicker (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 01:35:19 PM EST
A Canadian team hasn't been in the final since '07, and hasn't won since '93.

OTOH you can guarantee lots of canucks on whatever team wins.

rather like how England feels about the World Cup by 256 (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 01:50:44 PM EST
I imagine.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
or any sport they invented by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Jun 12, 2010 at 12:38:17 AM EST

I'd feel terrible ... by me0w (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 03:11:10 PM EST
But then I look at the Blackhawks and of the 34 players on the team, 20 are Canadian. There are only 7 Americans on that team ... and the other 7 are European.

A subtle Canadian victory.

Worthwhile Canadian Initiative by gzt (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 03:28:39 PM EST
Infiltrate all of American hockey. Accomplished.

Not too difficult ... by me0w (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 03:39:57 PM EST
I think 51% or 52% of the NHL is made up of Canadian born players.

I think by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Jun 12, 2010 at 08:26:56 PM EST
probably like the Pirates do about baseball.

Click
I can't imagine you working for a chick. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 02:52:08 PM EST
That must really suck.

It really does. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 03:03:05 PM EST
She's in Texas, though, and never talks to me. Even if input is needed.

Hockey should really be year 'round. by me0w (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Jun 11, 2010 at 03:16:27 PM EST
Lord Stanley's Mug was handed out and now we have to wait until the end of June for the NHL draft and then October for the pre-season. I'm never going to make it.

annoying parade by office | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback