Print Story We just passed ten years.
By nightflameblue (Fri May 07, 2010 at 11:44:31 AM EST) (all tags)
Our anniversary was yesterday. A decade.

Tank talk. Project talk.

I'm just gonna say there's a reason I didn't post here yesterday about it. We were a little busy celebrating.

She reminded me this morning about how ten years ago we were just married, on our honeymoon, and she thought I was gonna die from something in the water at the motel room. So potent that brushing my teeth sent me spiraling out of control. Shaking, fever, spasms, freaking out. The then new Mrs. NFB held onto me all that night, gripping me in a terrified death grip.

I made it. Obviously.

Mr. Starfish decided to try crawling into the filter uptake and lost two arms. I transported him to the rock furthest from the tube in the tank and got him latched back on there and am hoping his main disk isn't damaged so he can grow his arms back.

Spotted a couple snails wandering around the tank late last night. Very tiny, very busy. Lots of feather duster looking things starting to sprout up from holes in the rock. A few different colored sponges and some other life forms I'm not sure about yet. That's the part of a marine live rock based system I've always been fascinated with. It's an ecological system that's somewhat out of your control. You don't control it, you guide it and work with it as it already exists.

Have yet to see salinity fluctuations. I let it ride for 24 hours without a water change even with a full light cycle with the stock light, and no measurable change. Still having a lot of cloudiness issues with the sand. Do anything to the tank, create a cloud. And I mean anything. Water change = cloud. Filter adjustment = cloud. Turkey baster on the rock = cloud. Change filter pads = cloud. I've been told it eventually stops, but it's frustrating to rarely be able to actually see the inside of the tank.

Have some serious work to do in the back room. I have a low-shag black carpet I'm gonna be putting in back there soon. Then I have painting plans beyond the base super-dark-blue color there now.

Then I need to figure out final placement for my furniture so that I can set up my real desk. I plan on building it into the room, attaching it to the wall. And beyond that I'll be redacted a redacted system with redacted redacted redacted.

But that's months in the future, so we'll cover it then.

If we ever have decent weather I'd like to get some more work done on the guitar project. We had snow predicted for today and tomorrow, so I don't exactly feel like leaving a somewhat delicate wooden instrument out in the shed during curing time right now. Bleh.

That global warming is a real bitch.

< UKia has a Hung Parliament | Boy those hippies were messed up >
We just passed ten years. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Hey, congrats! by ana (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri May 07, 2010 at 12:09:12 PM EST
We're coming up on five.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Congrats! by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri May 07, 2010 at 12:44:35 PM EST

congrats! by clock (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri May 07, 2010 at 12:44:54 PM EST
good work.  keep it up!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

"low-shag black carpet" by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 07, 2010 at 08:59:20 PM EST
Black carpet is a bitch. Just a warning.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Well, it isn't black black. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 07, 2010 at 11:33:24 PM EST
More like charcoal with red and blue flecks and some mottling. And in the back most room where no one goes with outside shoes.

We'll see I guess.

charcoal with flecks by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat May 08, 2010 at 12:24:36 AM EST
shouldn't be bad. But I have a mostly black rug and it never looks clean. Yuck.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

My hope is it's not as bad as white. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat May 08, 2010 at 09:34:23 AM EST
We have off-white in the entryway. There's a dumb idea if ever we've had one.

That's ridiculous. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat May 08, 2010 at 12:59:26 PM EST
Do you have a rug on top of the carpet in the entryway to catch the dirt?

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

We try to. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat May 08, 2010 at 05:44:28 PM EST
But the cat's don't like our decorating ideas and prefer to roll it up in the corner so the dogs can tramp mud into the carpet directly.

It'll be changed eventually. Right now it seems rather pointless.

We just passed ten years. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback