Print Story Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think
Motorbikes
By gzt (Tue May 04, 2010 at 03:03:44 PM EST) gzt, 70s big, squats, piano, eggs, oblom (all tags)
As a man, or at least as a sociopath, I do not have feelings and think instead. The source of the title quote is contested, but I pulled it from somebody at IGX.

I'm hovering at around 10kg below the ceiling of my current weight class and lifting progress is slowing. It may be time for a blitz. Crap, I'm supposed to be squatting 360#x3x5 today. I might cry afterward. And, all things considered, I might fit better in the 110s.

Fark, on this graph that just got sent out, one element is like two pixels out of alignment. Nobody actually looks at this stuff, but it annoys me.

I am helping somebody move a piano on Sunday. 70's big!

I have quite a bit of oblom about finishing my maths homework. I should do it and do it well, though. It's mostly plugging and chugging at this point. Not pleasant or tricky.

I'm pretty much down with ana's thing. Change a few things, of course, and also that I'm Orthodox rather than one of those other things.

I should eat more eggs. I tout their benefits and enjoy them, but I don't get around to eating them because preparing them can be a hassle. Four eggs per day would be a wonderful addition to most diets. QUESTION: eggs fried in butter or eggs fried in bacon grease? It is a tough choice.

< Well, you asked for it... | HITCHHIKER! >
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think | 29 comments (29 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
More bacon... by ana (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue May 04, 2010 at 03:06:17 PM EST
...is better than less bacon. It is the way of things.

And thanks for the link and the kind words.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Scrambled in butter by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue May 04, 2010 at 03:48:00 PM EST
Fried in bacon grease. The consistency is important in scrambled.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Close by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed May 05, 2010 at 03:45:00 AM EST
Scrambled in real butter (no spread shite) and fried in olive oil.

"in real butter" by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed May 05, 2010 at 08:14:08 AM EST
Well, that should go without saying.

Olive oil is yummy. But you have to cook at low heat or you lose the flavor.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Yes by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed May 05, 2010 at 02:01:48 PM EST
And the rule is that if you wonder if you put in enough butter, you didn't put in enough butter.

Lately I've been having scrambled eggs with asparagus mixed in.  I love this time of year...
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

My favorite way to make eggs: by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue May 04, 2010 at 04:01:00 PM EST
Cut a hole in a slice of white bread. Melt butter in skillet and dredge one side of the bread in butter and flip it over. Crack the egg in the hole, and fry until the bread is toasted on one side, then flip. The yolk should, of course, still be runny, and the fried, buttered bread is perfect to soak it up. Mmmm, butter.
considering doing this with bacon instead... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue May 04, 2010 at 04:13:18 PM EST
...of butter. that way i have the end product AND bacon.

one-eyed sailor by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 04, 2010 at 04:15:37 PM EST
no, not that one..

it's easy to get 4 eggs in a day. by dev trash (4.00 / 3) #6 Tue May 04, 2010 at 05:58:51 PM EST
Hardboil, sprinkel with a bit o' salt.  place in container.

Click
The great thing about hardboiled eggs... by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue May 04, 2010 at 07:45:08 PM EST
you get to share your love of eggs with everyone around you.

you've not seen me eat eggs. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue May 04, 2010 at 09:21:08 PM EST
They're in the mouth and digested before anyone would have a hint of egg odor.

Click
He means after your body's done with them. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue May 04, 2010 at 11:08:54 PM EST

dude by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #27 Wed May 05, 2010 at 06:09:23 PM EST
I eat beans 5 days a week, 4 eggs every month are nothing.

Click
I do agree with this. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #14 Wed May 05, 2010 at 07:09:38 AM EST
I'm too lazy to hard boil sometimes. And if you want to do it well, you have to be careful about timing.

Timing, schmiming by lm (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed May 05, 2010 at 07:52:44 AM EST
Bring eggs in water to a boil. Turn off heat. Cover. Come back after the water is cooled. Eggs are done.

Another quick alternative is an Egg McMuffin from McDonalds.

Cicero, The Republic
egg macmuffins by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #22 Wed May 05, 2010 at 02:03:35 PM EST
Do they use actual eggs in those?
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Sure do by lm (2.00 / 0) #23 Wed May 05, 2010 at 04:00:20 PM EST
The finest factory farm eggs that money can buy from the lowest cost distributor.

Cicero, The Republic
I am dubious by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #24 Wed May 05, 2010 at 04:20:05 PM EST
I know that the egg slices from their salads start as a long tube of "egg".  I wonder if the egg macmuffin egg starts as "egg product" that's cut with stuff.

[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
According to McD's by lm (2.00 / 0) #26 Wed May 05, 2010 at 04:43:53 PM EST
At McDonald’s, we only use fresh USDA Grade A shell eggs for breakfast sandwiches, or pure liquid eggs from Lucerne® or Egg Beaters® for scrambled or folded eggs.

I notice that eggs on salad are not mentioned.

Cicero, The Republic
Perfection by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #25 Wed May 05, 2010 at 04:22:29 PM EST
I've found that they come out best when you make sure it's a rolling boil and then drain them and throw them in the fridge at 20 minutes.  The yolk comes out best that way.

Your method works fine, though the yolks will be a little overdone.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

You'll be needing by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed May 05, 2010 at 09:26:32 AM EST
an egg-perfect then. Put it in with the eggs, and when the colour's changed, your eggs are done.

I think my wife just got one of those by gzt (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed May 05, 2010 at 09:46:46 AM EST
The question is one of scientific experimentation, then. Which level of doneness on the egg thingy corresponds to how we want the eggs cooked.

10m is overcome by laziness? by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed May 05, 2010 at 12:18:21 PM EST
Man. That's hardcore.

when it comes to food... by gzt (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed May 05, 2010 at 12:23:05 PM EST
...sometimes anything more than a sandwich and raw produce is too much effort.

word. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #29 Thu May 06, 2010 at 08:16:06 PM EST

I've boiled mine dry at times. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #28 Wed May 05, 2010 at 06:10:35 PM EST
still yummy.

Click
WTF are "alligator arms"? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue May 04, 2010 at 06:33:59 PM EST
and why are they prohibited in that contest?

really short arms, I believe by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue May 04, 2010 at 06:41:17 PM EST
the rest is basic physics.

I think it refers to... by gzt (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue May 04, 2010 at 09:50:32 PM EST
...not fully extending the arms.