Print Story Note to self: don't fall out of chair.
Law
By gzt (Mon May 03, 2010 at 05:03:06 PM EST) gzt, work, ham (all tags)
I was leaning back in a chair and fell over. My shoulder hurt for the rest of the evening. It hurt the next day when I tried to do pressing, so I gave up and went home. Moral of the story: don't fall out of your chair. My wife wasn't home at the time. She can't ever leave me unsupervised.

Insightful article about fat loss: http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/columns/under-the-bar-21-days-to-fat-loss/

Any super secret tips for cooking a ham? We're having people for dinner in a few days.

And we presume it's about like cooking ham.

But also: I just had a salad and realized how much I love ham. I put a lot of ham on it. It was like 2 cups of spinach, a little bit of cheese, maybe 2 hard boiled eggs (all sliced up, so it's hard to tell how much, in terms of eggs, you're getting), and at least 1/2# of ham. I also had some broccoli and fruit on the side. It was a good salad. I am terribly glad not to be Jewish.

I googled around to find a picture of the guy in Puritan services who would poke people with a special stick if they fell asleep or something during church services. And also, of course, pictures of vergers holding verges or maces.

Hermann Goerner performing The Human Link, a test which is somewhat a test of tensile strength.

D'oh. I did a stupid and tedious manual process to correct a pile of data and then I sent out a report based on the previous incorrect data. Fortunately, somebody caught it before it went out to the world and it could be corrected easily. But, seriously: doing a stupid and annoying manual process should guarantee that I at least use the results from it, shouldn't it?

Bah. work.

< What do you wanna be when you grow up? | I'm not a kettle, honest >
Note to self: don't fall out of chair. | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Dr. Pepper glaze. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 03, 2010 at 05:41:42 PM EST
Don't argue, just do it.

RONG! by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon May 03, 2010 at 05:47:18 PM EST
Root Beer Glaze, with creole mustard sauce

Actually, the ham needs to be boiled in root beer for an hour on each side before it goes in the oven, then the creole mustard sauce (creole mustard, sugar cane syrup, black pepper, root beer extract) is poured and brushed on, then it's cooked for another three hours. Then you dine in heaven.

The remaining sauce also makes a good paint stripper. For cars.

Intruiging. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 03, 2010 at 08:44:47 PM EST
I may have to test this on bologna before I go Gold.

Here we go by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #16 Tue May 04, 2010 at 09:34:54 AM EST
This is pretty close to what Mrs. NFB does. I do remember her varying what the fruit is in the initial boil stage, and DO NOT USE CORN SYRUP BASED ROOT BEER.

And if you use the leftover glaze as a sauce, be careful. Shit'll burn your mouth for days.

i have dr pepper... by gzt (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon May 03, 2010 at 05:48:36 PM EST
...made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup

Good. You know what to do. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 03, 2010 at 08:42:21 PM EST
Dang, I always throw that extraneous period in Dr.

Wrong data version by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 03, 2010 at 05:48:31 PM EST
I did similar last week. I found problem with a generic form handler a while ago so copied the data over to my dev machine, went through by hand fixing as much as I could and put the fixed version back live. Fast forward a month and one of the form owners asks me for the final dump of data from her form. Half an hour later I get a "Could you confirm there were only 16 responses please?" which gives me some headscratching because in a raw SQL query there's 87... Eventually spot I'd used the dev machine URL so the 70 odd since the fix weren't in the file I'd sent.

Shortly after that I got an "I can't access any committee papers" phone call from someone else, so after fixing that I spent the rest of the day on easy clean up stuff on the dev server and left the live site well alone...

Lot's of Jewish folk eat pork by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 03, 2010 at 06:00:35 PM EST
One of my eldest daughter's best friends is a gay jewish kid that loves bacon. He seems nice enough. He is, however, a candy-ass.

Cicero, The Republic
Lot's *what*? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon May 03, 2010 at 08:47:57 PM EST
Don't leave us hangin', man.

oh, ffs by lm (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon May 03, 2010 at 08:49:13 PM EST
Lots, not Lot's.

Grammar Nazi's fuck off.

Cicero, The Republic
lofl! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon May 03, 2010 at 08:52:44 PM EST

That the new Dead Kennedys song? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue May 04, 2010 at 08:18:46 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

you get what you sow, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue May 04, 2010 at 01:06:30 PM EST
definition nazi...

Super secret tips for cooking ham? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon May 03, 2010 at 06:23:29 PM EST
We're having people for dinner in a few days.
Pig ham has a smaller thighbone and more, leaner and tenderer meat on it than people ham. Also cheaper and easier to get hold of.

Incorrect by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue May 04, 2010 at 05:27:13 AM EST
You can quickly nip to your local park and find some young tender people without difficulty. Pigs are much harder to locate, especially in urban areas.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
buy some honey by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 03, 2010 at 07:38:58 PM EST
glaze the fuck outta it.
eat

Click
Country ham? Or some other not a real ham? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue May 04, 2010 at 08:19:57 AM EST
If it's country start it soaking the day before.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

everything in my grocery store is written... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue May 04, 2010 at 09:54:38 AM EST
...in serbian, arabic, or spanish. we decided serbian was the safest, since arabs don't eat pork and i just don't trust mexico. who the hell knows what it actually is?

Mexico rejected our beef for high copper. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue May 04, 2010 at 01:40:24 PM EST
Apparently we don't test for copper in beef, but there you have it.

never forgive. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue May 04, 2010 at 01:44:46 PM EST
never forget. word is bond.