Print Story And the winner is...
Puzzles & Riddles
By muchagecko (Wed May 26, 2010 at 01:22:08 PM EST) (all tags)
my boy!

My son's game won the People's Choice Award at last night's school district contest, VisFest.

His entry has all his own artwork, photos and game concept. I just did the little bit of Actionscript. He was kind of a tough client. He was pretty particular about the details of his game especially when we ran out of time to complete his minimum requirements. We plan on adding more this summer, when we've both got more time.

We're not sure if he won because he was by far the youngest contestant (4th grade compared to high school), or if his superior graphics in Flash put him on top of the rest of the games that were done in XNA or Gamemaker.

Hooray

p.s. those of you that are my Facebook friends can see pics of the event on my wall.

< The Morning After | What I'm Shaving With >
And the winner is... | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
w00t! by clock (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed May 26, 2010 at 01:31:34 PM EST
congrats!!!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I expect your boy to be winning by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:07:00 PM EST
school contests soon.

Thanks.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

That's awesome :) by TPD (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed May 26, 2010 at 01:35:23 PM EST
 woooooooooo!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Max's game and the festival by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:07:45 PM EST
is part of the reason I'm so behind on your game graphics.

But I should have time this weekend.

Thanks.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

absolutely no rush... by TPD (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu May 27, 2010 at 01:02:44 PM EST
 it's been developed in extra SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW time

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
congrats! by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed May 26, 2010 at 01:38:13 PM EST

It's not exactly a Webkins featured thingy, by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:10:16 PM EST
with all the fame and fortune your daughter earned. But my boy will get some cred for it.

Thanks.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Huh? by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:18:32 PM EST
I don't recall either of mine doing anything famous with Webkinz.

Was it Neopets then? by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:31:03 PM EST
One of your girls was some featured user on some kids' webpage.

It was so cool that my kids were envious.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Not that I'm aware of by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:38:39 PM EST
but maybe they were featured and no one told me.

Don't make me search your diaries. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed May 26, 2010 at 02:57:01 PM EST
Within the last couple of years, one of your daughters was featured prominently for some kids' site.

I know how it gets though, seems like everyday drama erases history.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Don't bother by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed May 26, 2010 at 03:01:16 PM EST
This is the only husi diary matching "georgeha webkinz".

no husi diaries match "georgeha neopets".

Nice! by technician (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed May 26, 2010 at 04:54:47 PM EST
Very cool.

A ten-year-old designs a video game. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #13 Thu May 27, 2010 at 04:49:08 AM EST
It boggles my mind.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

*blinks* by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu May 27, 2010 at 12:02:05 PM EST
10 years old I was writing BBC-B BASIC programs like:
10 print "breaker roolz0rrs"
20 goto 10

Full on Flash game = full on amazing.  Top work, Son Of 'Gecko!

Thanks. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu May 27, 2010 at 07:38:43 PM EST
He surprised the high school boys that were his competition.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

I write code for a living by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri May 28, 2010 at 04:59:33 AM EST
That even surprised me!

(Comment Deleted) by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #18 Fri May 28, 2010 at 04:59:38 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by Breaker

Duplicate by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #19 Fri May 28, 2010 at 05:00:57 AM EST
Duplicate.

Congrats by duxup (4.00 / 1) #20 Fri May 28, 2010 at 05:23:04 PM EST
In the meantime I can't stop playing eat your clover..

____
Thanks. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri May 28, 2010 at 09:19:58 PM EST
Once again, my lil' dude had a big part in the design of that one of my games, Eat Your Clover.

He's got a golden touch when it comes to games, I tell ya.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

I WIN!!! by fluffy (4.00 / 1) #22 Tue Jun 08, 2010 at 03:04:26 AM EST
Lives: 1
busy bees buzz | sockpuppet revolution
My son and I have talked about by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Jun 08, 2010 at 03:41:24 AM EST
setting up a high score table.

The game really needs it.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly