Print Story I Thank You All For Your Support
By atreides (Tue May 25, 2010 at 11:45:47 AM EST) (all tags)
And that means everyone.

The job interview I had last week went well.

That job interview I had yesterday... Well, I have a REALLY good feeling about it. Everything seems to be lining up cosmically. Hell, I even got saved from a major blunder before I went in to it. I did my research on what I thought was the appropriate state agency. Turns out that I was interviewing for a division of a different state agency with the same name as the state agency! I panicked for a second until I noticed that someone left a copy of the agency's 2009 annual report in the waiting room. Fifteen minutes with that provided me with more information than I would have found on my own. More importantly, I feel far more passionate about what this agency does and I think it changed my interview from "I'd like a job" to "I'd really like to work here". Got a few laughs out of the interviewers. Had a couple followup questions for them. They had a couple for me. As fate would have it, I also applied for another position there last month and forgot about it so they're considering me for both positions. Honestly, I think both positions are really punching above my weight a little, but I've always risen to the occasion and it's not so much that I can't do the jobs, rather that I've never done certain aspects. However, One of the things that has gotten me ahead is that I've learned very intricate specialized subjects for the firms I've worked for. Unfortunately, it's also been of little use getting other jobs because the work I've done is so specialized that it usually has little direct use for prospective employers. The work this agency needs, I can do. I just need to be shown a few things first.

For the first time in a long time, I actually think the interviewers are interested in me. And for the first time in a long, long time, I'm really interested in them. I've got a really good feeling about this. Jeebus wiling and the crick don' rise, I think I will be employed within the next two weeks. I only hope the act of talking about it won't jinx it all.

That is all...for now.

< TOYS! | Rhubarb Pie >
I Thank You All For Your Support | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
AWESOME!! by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue May 25, 2010 at 11:55:51 AM EST
The difference between "I want a job" and "I want this job" is subtle, but noticeable.

Good luck, and more vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck! by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue May 25, 2010 at 11:59:29 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Woo! by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue May 25, 2010 at 12:02:47 PM EST
Congrats. Keep us posted.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

awesome! by clock (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue May 25, 2010 at 12:38:23 PM EST
let the good vibes keep on rollin'!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

My fingers and toes by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 25, 2010 at 02:01:19 PM EST
remain crossed. Sounds very promising.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Good luck x infinity by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue May 25, 2010 at 05:07:23 PM EST
SRSLY

We shall sacrifice a chicken in your name! by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue May 25, 2010 at 05:40:20 PM EST
Hey, KFC counts.

Nando's by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed May 26, 2010 at 04:34:59 AM EST
...is a better way of appeasing the Gods.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
And what would you know about it by notafurry (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed May 26, 2010 at 11:15:47 AM EST
I bet you cast your circles counterclockwise, too. ;)

Everything by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed May 26, 2010 at 01:10:56 PM EST
As a God myself, I am more appeased by Nandos than KFC. QED

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Excellent. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed May 26, 2010 at 04:27:19 AM EST
Start out the job finding streak for the rest of us!

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly