Print Story Whoops, waited too long.
I mentioned an internal job posting I was interested in, but it got filled or something because I can't find it. There were a couple others in that area with the same or similar titles, but the job requirements were far less tailored to my skill set and interests. BUT there is a different opening that I might apply for.

Tonight is WINGS NIGHT. I hope it will be pleasant rather than sucky. I'm not sure how many people are showing up or when, but I hope the answers are "several" and "relatively early in the evening", because I do not plan on being there very late.

We watched Red Letter Media's 90-minute review of The Attack of the Clones last night. It was fantastic. It explained so many things in the film which vaguely bothered us in a way we could not articulate. I hate the film so much more now. AAAAAAAH. The Onion discusses the review with the author.

Martin Gardner, truly an American icon: Martin Gardner, puzzler and polymath, dies at 95. His last article about how Oprah Winfrey is harmful and wrong about everything: Oprah Winfrey, gullible billionaire.

I cleaned 239# this weekend, but failed repeatedly at 244#. Oh well. I have the strength, I just couldn't get under it.

I really like the Oprah Winfrey article. The fact that she is so very wrong about many things in the realm of health is important information that desperately needs to be disseminated. And, of course, that The Secret is just nonsense. It would be one thing if it were said to be metaphorical, because it's probably true in some sense that if you look for bad stuff, you will find it, and ditto for good stuff, but it is not presented as such. However, it's not likely to kill you, which hormone therapies very well could do.

Hmm, liver and onions today in the cafeteria. Maybe...

Speaking of food, roasted chicken leg quarters last night. Went pretty well. Cheap dinner. Used too much wine on the chicken, should have spared more for the drinking. Have a lot of fat left over from that. Mmm, fat...

It's bloody hot out. It seems they're revising tomorrow's forecast from a return to the 70s to only slightly cooler than today. I am not a fan of this development. I hate the day star sometimes. It wakes me at 5 and burns me.

Oh, crap, today is Victoria Day! I forgot to send out cards.

< You Have Given And Yet I Ask Again... | Berlin. >
Whoops, waited too long. | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
We're expecting 88 on Wednesday by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 24, 2010 at 01:57:09 PM EST
88 in May! I thought ClimateGate prevented this.

Wednesday is Neo-Nazi Day? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 24, 2010 at 02:12:06 PM EST
I need a better calendar.

You're not in the Prussian Blue fanclub? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon May 24, 2010 at 02:55:20 PM EST
shocked, I am shocked.

I'm a member of the Gentian Violet Fan Club. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon May 24, 2010 at 05:37:39 PM EST
My social calendar is completely booked. No time for that Blue thing.

They are jailbait by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon May 24, 2010 at 07:52:06 PM EST
blonde twin white supremacist jailbait.

I think my friend saw them on 4chan. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 24, 2010 at 10:24:34 PM EST
She said they're a bit off.

More importantly, it's Brother's Day. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 24, 2010 at 02:09:59 PM EST
I see you forgot my card again, biatch.

I won't be making it. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon May 24, 2010 at 02:25:37 PM EST
although i don't expect you were expecting me to.

that's fine by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 24, 2010 at 02:47:59 PM EST
We really should have a HuSi drinks day sometime, though.

I think intentionally not getting together is our by garlic (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 24, 2010 at 06:29:40 PM EST
thing now.

but I'm ok changing that thing.

well, you are on my facebook enemy list by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 24, 2010 at 06:32:02 PM EST
after all.

i will do my best by garlic (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon May 24, 2010 at 06:34:41 PM EST
to earn my place on said list.

Whoops, waited too long. | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback