Print Story A thing can still be shameful even if everyone does it
Christmas
By gzt (Thu May 20, 2010 at 03:44:56 PM EST) gzt, quitting, free lunch (all tags)
I left my phone at home. Oops. I found a funny comic.

I got deodorant yesterday. I accidentally got one that is an antiperspirant, too. Now I will get cancer and die, most likely.

I had an appointment with my advisor yesterday about fall classes and crap. Right when I got there, the fire alarm went off. Bastards. Took 20 minutes out of my day.

I liked this web-log article about modesty which is largely irrelevant to our readership, though it may be of interest to some given the recent commentary about popular names in certain cities.

I'm going to a meeting. There will be a free lunch!

Back from meeting. There was a free lunch. I had two, actually.

Now what?

Now... we wait.

The lunches had these small pasta salads and bags of chips in them. Both inedible.

I don't really have anything else to talk about. So I'm quitting.

< Syd Sym goes live | I got an Outstanding Leader Award tonight >
A thing can still be shameful even if everyone does it | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Not necessarily irrelevant by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu May 20, 2010 at 03:51:07 PM EST
at one time Mrs. Ha wanted a hiljab, so men wouldn't pay attention to her.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 20, 2010 at 04:30:14 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

No, we got Muslims over here by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 20, 2010 at 04:35:03 PM EST
ranging from not eating pork but doing everything else to wearing hijab and not shaking hands with men that aren't their husband.

That statement was written poorly. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu May 20, 2010 at 06:45:47 PM EST
Which bit is irrelevant? The trolly article? Modesty?

get cancer and die, most likely. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 21, 2010 at 08:53:07 AM EST
Well, we're all going to die, eventually. And cancer is what gets us if we outrun everything else...

ain't I just the bluebird of happiness?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)