Print Story I finally got around to watching the new Doctor Who
Sci-Fi
By gzt (Mon May 17, 2010 at 12:46:20 PM EST) gzt, chipotle, kissing, doctor who (all tags)
Season Premier. Last night, Teh Wife was off wifing about somewhere and I had nothing else to do, so I thought I might as well watch Doctor Who.

Seems like a fun guy in the same vein as the last bloke. Some of it was a bit overblown. I prefer Tom Baker-esque Doctors. I think the old show had a lot of flaws, especially when you consider that it had a 20+ season run you can cherry-pick favorites from and ignore things you don't like. I should probably put some thought, however, into why I like some aspects of the old series more. It's probably more drivel along the lines of my preference for Harryhausen special effects over CGI monstrosities. And the old series did not have stupidly dramatic showdowns like the one at the end.

I drank slightly more than I intended last night. Dirty Bastard Ale. It's good stuff. I was bored and my wife kept not-being-home-yet, so I kept opening them.

I trimmed my beard last night, too.

Speaking of facial hair, we saw a family on the train, the daughter and the four-year-old son were wearing fake moustaches. It was cute.

I've been asking in a variety of venues how to order Mexican food without ending up with a Panic Order. I always end up with some crappy crunchy thing with little meat and a plate of rice with a scoop of bean goo if I order something other than a burrito. I mean real Mexican food, like the stuff at those places in my neighborhood where they don't even pretend to speak English, not Chipotle. I do like Chipotle, though.

I decided to just order new headphones, the slight upgrade in quality. I will, however, make warranty claims on these if they fail.

My Ipod failed to recognize some audiobooks I tried to put on it. Annoying. I will have to fiddle with this. Or, rather, it failed to sync them properly. Or something. I don't know. Technology is stupid. Kissing is awesome.

< Indefinite commitment of insane sex criminals | Like most Robin Hoods >
I finally got around to watching the new Doctor Who | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
every tex mex place by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 17, 2010 at 12:49:16 PM EST
no matter how staffed will have a "speedy gonzales" lunch special. What comprises it may vary, but all will have one.

Call it Sasquatchan's rule of tex-mex dining..

My daughter and I are still working our way thru by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 17, 2010 at 12:51:07 PM EST
the 11th Doctor - we just got to the episode where Harald Saxon is making his.... "masterful".... appearance.

I still miss Eggleston, TBH. I know that 1 year was the deal, and all that, but he brought a tragedy to the Doctor's situation that Tennant just can't pull off.

An Angry and Flatulent Pig, Trying to Tie Balloon Animals
He really was a quality actor by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon May 17, 2010 at 01:03:44 PM EST
Tennant had his moments, but, you're right, he didn't have the tragic aspect that Eccleston did.

Order a cemita or a torta, with horchata. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 17, 2010 at 01:02:52 PM EST
or just stick to the nacho grande platter, gringo.

That's thinking outside the bun! by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 17, 2010 at 01:10:15 PM EST

Over Nacho Grande? by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon May 17, 2010 at 01:33:07 PM EST
I'll never get over Nacho Grande.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

With the new Doctor by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon May 17, 2010 at 01:08:05 PM EST
I'm not sure who the new Doctor Who is targeted at. With Amy Ponds actions it seems to be trying to go up a few years, whilst with the new Doctor it seems to be heading down a few.

Tennant rocks as the Doctor IMO....

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
MmmmmmAmyPondMmmmmm by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 17, 2010 at 05:51:51 PM EST
Probably the best assistant since Ace.

And with much the same reaction to the actresses, Sophie Aldred and Karen Gillan seem rather dull but Ace and Amy really hit the spot.