Print Story iPhone OS 4 SDK Licence Agreement Clause 3.3.1
By codemonkey uk (Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 10:05:04 AM EST) (all tags)
For those of you living in a cave of some sort, the big tech news yesterday was the iPhone OS 4 announcement, and specifically a “small” change to the developer license agreement, in which Apple decided to say a big fuck-you to Adobe (and Unity got caught in the crossfire).

John Gruber talks at length about it in his blog here: daringfireball.net

With that preamble out the way, here is a very amusing take on clause 331:

Apple Dev Program takes stand on nature of consciousness.

< Teh rAwK tEsT | A Day in the Life -- Surfers, timed bukkakke, depression and fuckwits: >
iPhone OS 4 SDK Licence Agreement Clause 3.3.1 | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Yeah by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 10:38:09 AM EST
They really, really hate Adobe, don't they.

Being a signed up developer and having downloaded OS4.0 beta, i'm used to mortgaging my soul to get  to play in Apple's shiny sandbox.

Just decided it's a good thing for me by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 11:36:18 AM EST
I've actually sat down and learned Obj-C and C and I spent hours tearing my hair out getting it and I think others should suffer in the same way :)

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 10:44:36 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

well by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 01:02:37 PM EST
as long as Firefox and Opera isn't on the H.264 bandwagon flash will probably stay around.

-- The revolution will not be televised.

That is pretty obnoxius by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 11:42:30 AM EST
I understand the anti-adobe bit, but making the scripting language choice Javascript, Javascript and, oh yeah, Javascript, is kinda annoying.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

what's wrong with javascript? by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 12:02:11 PM EST
Multi-paradigm, you can use it in almost any way of thinking/writing you prefer.

Nothing by ucblockhead (4.00 / 3) #6 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 12:52:11 PM EST
Nothing is wrong with it other than it isn't right for everything.  It's like telling a carpenter that he only can only use a jigsaw, a hammer and a screwdriver but nothing else.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman

I was hoping that the anti-Adobe talk by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #8 Sat Apr 10, 2010 at 01:07:45 PM EST
was just for the iPad and was just a warning shot. Now with this iPhone news, it's not just a warning shot.

I hate Adobe too, ever since they bought out Macromedia, and proved that they weren't interested in providing the best product for the consumer.

If Macromedia were still around and working on Flash, I have no doubt that Apple wouldn't be in this war against them.

Fuckin' Adobe.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly