Print Story Stupid Shit I do to Amuse myself
By dev trash (Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 09:01:18 PM EST) (all tags)
Wednesday Weigh In.

Gal One
Gal Two
Gal Three

Weigh in time.  Not so bad considering I was visiting my parents Friday thru Monday.  I had ice cream two nights.  Cake another.  I did get a bike ride in on Saturday, although I aggravated an issue I had last year and couldn't bike Sunday or Monday.  So yeah.

Deficit of 781 calories a day.  1.56 pounds lost per week.

Remember that one gal I had texted a few times and she was always busy when it came down to going out for a date, and who one night came to my apartment on a whim, and we kissed and made out?

Sure ya do.  Well  I was bored, stupid, whatever last weekend and I had texted her, a 'hi'.  Two days later she replied wondering who I was, as she was using a backup phone and she didn't have a name with the number.  So I told her.  Surprisingly she also remembered my last name.  She explained that she had a new phone and she had thought that she had given her new number to everyone.  Then she sent me her new number.  Two days go by and I text her new number, with 'added ya'.  Her reply was 'Good.  Rarely check that other phone.'

I ask her what's been going on.  Seems she's unemployed now.  Hmmmm, that should free her up for a date or three, no?  Not sure on this course of action though.

Gal Two.  This gal was someone I had chatted with a few years ago and we had lost touch with each other.  She lives in the wilds of Southern VA/Northern TN.  Vaguely mentioned that we should get together sometime after Easter.  Chatted with her last night and was making small talk, when she had the idea we should go see 30 Seconds to Mars in Charlotte NC.  I'm an impulsive kinda guy but a nine hour drive to see a band I had never heard before seems a bit out there.  The concert is on a Sunday, which is good for the front end driving, but not so hot on the backend.  Her idea, when I mentioned needing to get a few days off from work to make it happen, was to drive down to her place Friday into Saturday, spend the night with her, and she'd drive us to Charlotte for the concert.

Gal Three.  A random sorta local gal I 'Winked' at on a dating site.  She replied back with an enthusiastic Hi, I love the Stand too'.  We've been chatting back and forth. She's a photographer ( as is Gal One ) and she likes to travel to out of the way places, just to visit.  Sorta like I enjoy doing.  Was going to move to another method of communicating tonight but the dating site's message system is under repair.

Gal Three seems like the best bet here.  She's local.  She doesn't appear to have show stopping baggage.  She's local.  But I dunno.  I always seem to make the wrong choices in these types of situations.

Small break to go to the gym.  It's pretty bad when you're already sweating before the work out.  They've not yet turned on the AC, and it was in the mid 80s today.  Did 35 minutes, 10 miles on the recumbent bike.

Looks like WOXY is no longer broadcasting.  This is sad as I was using Xtrabeats for my workout music.

Grrrr dating site is still down.

I do believe I'll be pairing a stout with one or more of the Cadbury Creme Eggs I procured while visiting my parents over Easter.  More beer if I am not able to bike because of the um issue.

Drove home, over 200 miles on Monday with my good sneakers on the roof of my car.  Oops.

Anyway, I have to make out my bills, and get to bed.

< Snow business | Therapy >
Stupid Shit I do to Amuse myself | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
re: "Stupid Shit I do to Amuse myself" by BlueOregon (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 09:34:23 PM EST
And here I thought you did it to amuse us. Me in particular. I'm really disappointed.

30 Seconds to Mars kick ass, Grampa. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #2 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:41:42 AM EST
You should take her up on the offer and let her pay, then let her blow you in the parking lot before, during and after the show.

Wow by Phil the Canuck (4.00 / 3) #3 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 07:28:34 AM EST
 You should be a date consultant or something.

anonimouses law by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 08:20:54 AM EST
The answer to the question: Should I drive x hours to get laid n times is "yes" for all values of n > 0 and x > 0.

The only exception to this is if there are alternative solutions (n1,x1), (n2, x2).... in which case the solution providing the greatest n/x value should be chosen.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
fatal flaw. by clock (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 08:39:28 AM EST
x = 0 is an EXCELLENT SITUATION.  in fact, it's textbook ideal.  i never drive to get laid anymore.  i mostly...well, shit...i ask the thermometer.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

The problem with x=0 by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #6 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 09:44:56 AM EST
Unfortunately n becomes indeterminate x=0. Many cases have been reported where n tends to 0 over time when x=0.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
n -> 0 by curmudgeon (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:36:37 PM EST
7 months.  Geh.
Get over it.
what anonimouse said by houser2112 (4.00 / 2) #7 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 09:56:58 AM EST
Also, it's much harder to maintain array.length > 1 when x = 0.

X = 0 by curmudgeon (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:40:26 AM EST
Yes, that worked SO WELL for you the first time around.

Granted, it seems to be working exceedngly well for you this time, but it's hardly curmudgeonly to admit that.
Get over it.
no, no, no...please re-read. by clock (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 01:09:58 PM EST
x = distance traveled
n = number of times laid

x=0 is excellent!
n=0 sucks ass!

so...

if(x = 0 && n > 0)
   TOTAL_SUCCESS();

is that better?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

The variables are independent by curmudgeon (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 01:24:20 PM EST

Your original comment ommited any mention of n, implying that as long as x = 0, things were excellent.

Your version 1.1 comment fixex this critical bug.

Get over it.
excellent point. by clock (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 01:45:14 PM EST
i ASSumed that n > 0.  horrible assumption!

Bug marked CLOSED FIXED.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I was told there would be no math. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 03:48:39 PM EST
In any case, x will always be greater than zero, in a driving scenario, eh?

sure. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 06:05:58 PM EST
But I am not so sure I'd get laid.  Sure she said I could spend Saturday night with her, but who am I to presume?

Click
Spend the night. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 07:49:59 PM EST
Ask nicely. Get written consent.

interesting. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:01:13 PM EST

Click
BWHAAHAHAHAHA by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #10 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:07:03 PM EST
Does this work for all dates? Do you have to give the datee the schedule before hand?
*twinkle*twinkle*

When I tried this regularly by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:37:08 PM EST
The seat broke as a result of the strain. Driving without back support is quite hard.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Yes. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 04:10:53 PM EST
and a tube of Carmex.

I dunno. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #18 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 06:04:23 PM EST
I like to get know someone a little better before all of that.

Click
I listened to them on Pandora by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #23 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:08:52 PM EST
And wow did I get a whole bunch o' crap after in the playlist.

Click
"I'm an impulsive kinda guy" by curmudgeon (4.00 / 3) #8 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:32:16 AM EST
LOLWHAT?   Since when?

Why do you need a "few days" off?  Seems to me you just need Monday off.   Get out of your comfort zone and go to the concert with her.

Don't mention any of this to gal 3, and keep working her as well.

Ignore gal 1, she has "crazy bitch" written all over her.
Get over it.
when it comes to things yeah. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 06:12:06 PM EST
I can be impulsive.

I dunno I need to think about this some more.

Click

Isn't it ironic, doncha think by houser2112 (2.00 / 0) #24 Fri Apr 09, 2010 at 07:27:38 AM EST
Maybe my instruments are in need of calibration, but did you intentionally juxtapose those two statements?

I believe he did that on purpose by curmudgeon (2.00 / 0) #25 Sun Apr 11, 2010 at 12:31:17 AM EST
Which is why I didn't comment.  Either an attempt at dry humour, or a little trolling to see if he'd get a rise out of anyone.  Hopefully the former, but a decent try if the latter.
Get over it.