Print Story Attend Satraps and Subjects!
Family
By atreides (Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:26:17 AM EST) (all tags)
One Year ago today, the Despoina of Planet Earth, Duchess of the Americas, the European League, all the Russias, Australia, Egypt & the African Territories, the Asian Protectorate and the Chi'in Empire, Most Exalted, Most Excellent, Pulchritudinous, Magnanimous and Invincible Princess, Blessed Be Her Presence Upon The World was brought into the world.

Consider today a feast day and a day of rest in my empire.

It's still a bit overwhelming. How did this...

...turn into this?

And so fast? The days go on forever, but the months fly by...

Now you must excuse me. Once breakfast is over, child/bluebonnet photography will begin.

For now, that is all.

< Transportation | I just don't know how strong I am. >
Attend Satraps and Subjects! | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Blessings Upon Her! by clock (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:31:06 AM EST
Congrats all around and Happy Birthday to the wee one!

Know what's really funny?  I can't remember her name.  I always refer to her as The Despoina.  Then again, people call my son The Dude all the time.  The things we do to our kids...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Welcome to Husi! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:36:44 AM EST
I've met so many people, here, but I can only remember the real names of about 15 people (present company excluded, of course)...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

happy birthday! by misslake (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:06:27 AM EST
a feast in her honour!

Happy birthday to the Despoina! by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:18:31 AM EST
I have stopped working in her honour.

Happy birthday, Despoina! by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:29:52 AM EST
And congratulations to her loving parents! I shall drink a toast in her honor this evening.
Happy Birthday Cuteness! by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:50:06 AM EST
It's crazy how quickly the time skips along.

Hey I think I will be in your part of the world in late April (weekend of the 24th I think it is), for reals! I will let you know more as plans harden. I would certainly want to see you and yours and squish that little girl.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Late April, eh? by atreides (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 12:31:03 PM EST
SWEET!!! I think that weekend is mostly free. I will confirm with Welsh Girl, though. We would certainly love to get together with you!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

SHE WILL EAT YOUR OFFSPRING /NT by ni (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 01:16:41 PM EST

oooh. by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:36:22 PM EST
This may by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 08:23:46 AM EST
or may not be true.
It's the cheeks that lure me in... they need to be eaten. It's not my fault. I can't help what I am.
*twinkle*twinkle*

Happy Birthday!!! by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 12:55:32 PM EST
We will have to bring an offering with us this weekend!

She's as smart as she is pretty. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 01:51:50 PM EST
She found the orange egg!

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 02:46:19 PM EST
I ate cookies in her honor!

That may not seem like much of an honor, but it's my first cookies in two months. I'm breaking boundaries here.

It's been a year? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 03:02:21 PM EST
Good grief! Happy birthday, kiddo!

She found an egg! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 07:10:26 PM EST

Click
Watered with love by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 11:01:48 PM EST
That and the initial stages of development of the altricial offspring to free-living toddler.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Awww by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 12:06:32 AM EST
Happy Birthday
Most regal. by Scrymarch (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 07:06:11 AM EST

Iambic Web Certified

The people look upon their Satrapic Majesties by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Apr 07, 2010 at 06:30:35 PM EST
And spontaneously, parties begin in the streets!

That is one cute kid by webwench (2.00 / 0) #20 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 01:17:50 PM EST
en tea

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

Holy crap! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 04:20:27 PM EST
I was thinking about how I haven't seen you about. How's it hanging, hon?

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

s'ok, not bad by webwench (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 11:14:59 PM EST
I'm an unemployed wonder going on four months now, and every time I see an incompetent in a highly paid position somewhere, I'm like, *that* guy has *that* job and *I've* had exactly one interview in four months? Other than that, all is well.

I love the photos of the despoina. Post more pix plz k thx :)

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

For what little it's worth... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #23 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 09:24:55 AM EST
I'm in month seven of unemployment and I haven't had an interview in 2 months. :( At this point, I'd consider a suck job just to have a reason (other than the Despoina) to get out of bed in the morning...

But other than that, things are bitchin'!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Did you put in for census jobs? by webwench (2.00 / 0) #24 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 12:33:45 PM EST
Because I did, some areas still have openings! (And my understanding is you come out the other end with a federal employee ID number, that may help you get a leg up applying for other federal jobs.)

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

I thought about it... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #25 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 01:31:07 PM EST
...but found out that it would mess up my unemployment status/benefits because Tejas is a weird place about such things... :(

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Attend Satraps and Subjects! | 25 comments (25 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback