Print Story Transportation
By 256 (Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 04:27:21 PM EST) (all tags)
Being as how I'm a father now, I figured it was finally time to graduate from two wheels to four.

Picture inside.

Also, now there are two writing contests y'all should be scribbling down words for:

AE Micro
WFC X

< Sunday Dinner Menu | Attend Satraps and Subjects! >
Transportation | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden)
Nice bike by hulver (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 05:41:52 PM EST
When are you going to finish building it?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
It's perfectly complete. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 07:41:13 PM EST
If it's got a Brooks saddle, then it must be finished.

fair play by 256 (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 08:19:27 PM EST
I'm riding it as it is, but I confess that I do intend to install a front brake but I haven't yet found just the right one.

The hub's a fixed/freewheel flipflop. So I'm riding fixie for the first time in my life. I can kind of see what the big deals all about, there's definitely a unique feel to it. All the same, once I get a brake installed, I'll probably switch back over to the freewheel.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

wait, by barooo (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 05:52:31 PM EST
which one's the new one?  :)

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
have had the kawasaki for about a year by 256 (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 06:28:04 PM EST
but my bicycle got stolen last summer and I've just finally finished building up a replacement.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
does it work with the LATCH system? by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 06:11:23 PM EST

I like by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 07:31:17 PM EST
a green and orange combo.
Not seen an orange chain before. by ambrosen (4.00 / 2) #7 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 07:42:46 PM EST
Stylish.

There's a belt driven singlespeed at the disturbingly tempting bikeshop that's just opened next to my work (which is well out of order, because my work's too far out from the city centre to have proper shops).

A fixie and an orange chain by johnny (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 08:56:47 PM EST
I just had a dread sensation that I may have become too old/uncool for HuSi.

Please tell me it's OK to be a(n) HuSite even if you ride an off-the-rack Fuji mountain bike with wheels that weight >5 tonnes each.

Fixie. My knees hurt already, just looking at it.  (On the other hand, as noted above, I'm older than Christ. So it's not unexpected that my knees hurt just looking at it.)

protip by 256 (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 03:02:13 AM EST
that frame's a Fuji.

secret-handshake
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

nice by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 11:04:43 PM EST

Disappointed by gpig (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Apr 05, 2010 at 11:29:36 PM EST
From the title and family-ness I was expecting to see some kind of cargo bike monstrosity ....
(,   ,') -- eep
indeed! by R343L (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 12:06:09 AM EST
INDEED!

yeah by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 03:31:36 AM EST
I demand a kiddie trailer on that fixie. For great justice.

my knees are killing me... by clock (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 08:20:25 AM EST
...just thinking about that.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

how's the magazine coming ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:15:25 AM EST
and instead of kick start, can I just get a subscription ?

(I still owe hulver a $20 in the post.)

The magazine is coming along well by 256 (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:34:31 AM EST
And the one thing about backing via kickstarter that I wish we had made more clear in general is that, at the lower levels, it's functionally equivalent to preordering.

If you back for $7 you get a copy of the first issue. The cover price of the first issue is going to be $7. You're actually saving the shipping cost.

As for a subscription, if you back for $27 you're getting a one year subscription ($20) plus a second copy of the first issue ($7).

It's great because it allows us to have our preorders essentially on escrow. If the magazine doesn't launch for some reason, no money changes hands.

We're not doing non-Kickstarter preorders though. So if you really don't want to use the Kickstarter system, you'll have to just wait until we go to press and you can buy a subscription directly then.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

Transportation | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden)