Print Story yankeehack's dating observation
By yankeehack (Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 09:55:55 PM EST) (all tags)
Actually, it has nothing really to do with me at the moment but...

...I happened to see this happen via a personality I met this week.

Here's a top tip: If an older man (say +10 years) dates a younger woman (mid-30s), there are only two reasons he would break up with her, especially when she's gainfully employed, has a life, etc.

1. She wants babies. (And he already has a family.)
  2. She's so fucking crazy she's unfuckable.
I had someone refer to his ex-girlfriend in a professional "you should talk to her because she KNOWS this stuff" way.

He still talks to her.

In fact I have to now talk to his ex-girlfriend for a professional reason.

She's the same age as me (sans kids). She shows cleavage (unfortunately, she didn't think to use a push up bra) in her twitter pic.

I think it's reason number 1 why they broke up.

< How can I get my Ipod to blink 12:00? | Ask HuSi: Who should I vote for in the UK election? >
yankeehack's dating observation | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I disagree. by dmg (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:08:29 PM EST
Biological urges could be a factor, bearing in mind that men are evolved to be extremely promiscuous. The author  of the previous link is a well known authority on sexual matters, as well as many other issues.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
So much for the new years resolution, eh? (nt) by marvin (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 12:49:13 AM EST
not trolling

How can it be trolling? by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 06:51:03 AM EST
I'm simply mentioning the latest theories in the field of evolutionary psychology. That's SCIENCE, not trolling!
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Hardly by marvin (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 12:01:32 PM EST
Nobody links to esr except for the purpose of trolling.

I was enheartened to see the link to adequacy.org, as unlike esr's site, adequacy is a highly reputed journal in the field of evolutionary psychology.

keep up the good work. by wumpus (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 09:27:53 PM EST
I've been trying to get Matt Dillon's The Red Queen into the hands of smart women who know their biology, but to no avail. My hope is that the book will hit the wall with enough force that they will slip and give an accurate description of how female status influences evolutionary chances.

Evolutionary pysch will make pysch a real science. But not until the pussy conspiracy (see Neal Stephenson, google fails me) is exposed will we have a scientific psychology.

Wumpus

Are those the only two reasons? by lm (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:26:02 PM EST
I've seen others.
  1. Conversion to Islam.
  2. Long distance relationships are hard.
  3. Irreconcilable differences (or annoyance)
  4. Finding out the younger woman is not interested in monogamy.
On the other hand, I saw a question on a Facebook status wondering what the male equivalent of being a cougar was. "Duh," I thought, "being male."

Cicero, The Republic
(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 04:52:07 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Not to forget by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 05:40:34 AM EST
10a. There's an even hotter younger women  available.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Steve McNair says Don't stick your dick in crazy! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #6 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 05:52:09 AM EST
Personally, I have never found point #2 to be true, and there's a large age gap between me and the gf. She does 't want kids and I don't want more.

Yeah, I know - you're totally caught off-guard by that one.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 3) #8 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 07:23:34 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

It's the spice of life, man. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 02:49:06 PM EST
Now I'm off to clear out room in my crazy missive inbox.

The problem with point 1 is by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #9 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 07:30:35 AM EST
That it is a variable which changes randomly and unpredictably over time.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
The Falcon Punch is never variable by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 02:52:31 PM EST
nor does it change randomly.

always remember THE rule. by clock (4.00 / 9) #10 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 07:53:42 AM EST
it's not difficult, and it's almost always true:  no matter how hot she is, some guy is sick of her shit.

maybe it's his turn to be that guy.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

and some... by gzt (4.00 / 2) #11 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 11:17:09 AM EST
...have a LOT more than just one guy sick of their shit.

Pretty much by duxup (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed May 05, 2010 at 10:17:23 AM EST
Spend enough time with anyone, hot or not, you get used to it and annoyed by ****.

____