Print Story This is not a Latin story.
Latin
By gzt (Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 02:52:53 PM EST) gzt, police squad, locksmith, muffins (all tags)
This is a story about Latin.

I have a coupon for a free muffin. Expires today.

I put different music on my Ipod last night. Crap, I have a lot of music. Stuff that goes on the Ipod, however, has to be loud enough to make it on the train. No subtle stuff. This is unfortunate, since Bach is sometimes (offen?) what the doctor ordered.

I need to figure out the lunch situation. It's nice outside. Maybe I will get a salad and eat it outside. I also have a free muffin. I need to get something done. I think I will get my muffin, finish something, then go get lunch.

I also need to send off the rent check.

I have a muffin.

Note that, in the gzt style guide, the first letter of product names, company names, etc is capitalized. The gzt diaries say Ebay, Ipod, etc rather than what the ad copy of the companies in question dictate.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?"
"I'm a locksmith. And I'm a locksmith."

I need the Police Squad! DVD. Seriously. I need to spread the message. I think we had them on tape growing up, there was a marathon of all 8 and we taped them or something. We did that for Green Hornet, too.

< ATTENTION SLUSHY LOVING INFIDELS | 14:44 >
This is not a Latin story. | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I have it right here. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 03:54:01 PM EST
ISBN 1-4157-2217-X
Farkin' funny stuff.

Maybe I should follow the Gzt style guide by lm (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 04:28:44 PM EST
No, I think I'll stick with mine where etc., as an abbreviation, has a period at the end.

Cicero, The Republic
wouldn't it couldn't it be also by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 06:51:48 PM EST
et c.

Click
Not according to Chicago or Turabian by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 07:01:04 PM EST
Other style guides may allow for it. Many older texts will use &c. which is basically the same thing.

Cicero, The Republic
-1, not enough Latin... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 10:57:00 PM EST

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

don't you see the moaning... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 11:06:44 PM EST
... about etc?