Print Story How can I get my Ipod to blink 12:00?
Internet
By gzt (Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 12:24:37 PM EST) gzt, over and out (all tags)
Instead of showing the actual time?

You know, like a VCR you could not figure out how to set. I think that would be cool.

Marathon running will kill you: http://www.theheart.org/article/1061159.do

That's a nonsensical conclusion to draw, actually.

The last time I will talk about health and fitness in this diary: I was wondering on the train to work about squatting. A couple times people who know me who train a little bit ask me how I made so much progress. I talk to them a little bit about my programming and how frequent squatting, usually 3x per week, is the cornerstone of it. That and massive amounts of food. They are typically shocked and say something like, "Man, I just couldn't squat 3x per week, that's madness." No, it's not. Squats are actually easy to recover from. You can get stupid amounts of volume with squats. They're big muscles. You can do even more if you're doing high bar squats. Once you're moving a lot of weight or are old (at least 40s), you can't do that, but the people I am talking to are not. They're mentally tough, though. And, yeah, you can't go to "failure", you have to do it intelligently, but, yes, you can and probably should squat often, as often as you can get away with. Which is more often than you think.

Attention Whole Foods Shoppers. I don't know if this was the article Teh Wife was wanting me to read. If it is, I have now read it. If it isn't, well, ATTN: Wifing Infidels, read this article.

I need to find some time to either go down to the old neighborhood and have drinks with friends still down there or just have drinks downtown with them. Downtown might work better, since there are some people who are no longer in the "'hood". Or I could just decide to go down there for Wings Night on some Monday. Crap, I have to make sure that Wings Night still exists as such.

This is quite relevant to my job: http://www.marriedtothesea.com/042810/the-problem-with-the-graph.gif The spike in Q3 is not a good thing.

gzt over and out.

< anonimouse's thought for the day | yankeehack's dating observation >
How can I get my Ipod to blink 12:00? | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Blinking 12 by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 12:42:19 PM EST
There's an app for that! Well, probably. cm_uk could probably whip one up in an afternoon for you.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

unfortunately by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 12:54:38 PM EST
apps have no control of the home screen (that I know off)

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
I think by garlic (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 01:27:18 PM EST
there is some seperate issues between feeding ourselves and feeding the world's hungry.

I was shaming some high school middle school by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 02:18:49 PM EST
boys last night, they were cluttering up the weight room. I kept having to move up their pins, they did 4 on the ab machine, I do 10.

those crazy kids by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 02:25:14 PM EST
I have no idea what you're talking about, but i approve of shaming kids.

The weight room at the YMCA by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 02:28:53 PM EST
is mostly Cybex machines, with some free weights. I stick with the Cybex, since I'm pressed for time.

I won't even pretend to understand. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 02:46:51 PM EST
what I said stands: crazy kids.

He's trying to tell you by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 05:11:52 AM EST
That he is stronger than a child.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
At least those kids by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 10:36:21 AM EST
I'm not sure about thirteen year old, with all her swimming.

Peeve: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 04:07:17 PM EST
One can be over in a radio transmission, or out, but never both.

Video killed the radio star by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 04:20:01 PM EST
This is not the radio.

I'm using a wireless connection. Are you? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 05:38:51 AM EST
It's RADIO, damnit.

no by gzt (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 09:19:19 AM EST
my computer is made out of a bunch of potatoes and some tin foil.

Funny that. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 04:12:45 PM EST
You actually can generate a radio signal with those two items.

Is that like by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 06:34:55 PM EST