Print Story anonimouse's thought for the day
Funny stuff
By anonimouse (Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 05:41:25 AM EST) (all tags)
Walking into the kitchen with bare feet is a bad idea

Because you never know when an angry cat will dance on them with claws extended.

That is all

< Wednesday Weigh In | How can I get my Ipod to blink 12:00? >
anonimouse's thought for the day | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I pictured a cat involved... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 07:29:50 AM EST
but I was expecting it to be along the lines of what I've dealt with recently -- dead and partially eaten corpses of small, woodland creatures. I mean, it's one thing to get a mouse carcass stuck to my shoe, but it's another thing entirely to step on it barefooted.
Run out of small woodland creatures by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 08:34:39 AM EST
..its pigeons, hares and (once) a crow.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
You really haven't lived by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 09:16:02 AM EST
until it's a still partially alive bat. Though I get to blame a dog for that one.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #8 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:10:44 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I got a rabbit once. by purr (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 30, 2010 at 12:07:54 AM EST
My little 5 pound cat caught a rabbit outside of our privacy fence. Then she jumped or climbed the fence with the rabbit in her mouth and left it for me on my back porch.

To this day I don't know how she came over the fence with that extra, still alive weight.  The rabbit was a good size adult rabbit.
Life is good when you are young. Then it sucks when you are old. And then you die. Live it while you got it.
I pictured exactly what he said by Driusan (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:11:46 AM EST
But my cat's an indoor cat, at least so far, so he's never brought me any prey.

Vive le Montréal libre.
One Christmas morning by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 04:12:42 PM EST
my brother stepped on the stiff corpse of his suicidal, leaped-from-the-bowl goldfish.

It was lucky he had on slippers of Christmas might have been totally ruined.

I learned not to walk barefoot in Utah. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 08:24:18 AM EST
I almost, but not quite, stepped on a scorpion one morning.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I'm not sure if I should tell this story by nebbish (4.00 / 4) #5 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 09:37:05 AM EST
My cat likes sitting on the side of the bath and watching the water when I'm in it. At least that's what I thought until yesterday I noticed she was actually watching something else, something that bobs around a bit when I move and could possibly be mistaken for some kind of prey. She's not comiing in when I have a bath again.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

I have never been mistaken for prey by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 09:41:38 AM EST
...but same cat has used my stomach as an island to get from one side of the bath to the other.

The other one sleeps in the  wash-basin in hot weather and drinks out of taps

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Cimbs over you when you're in water? by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:04:48 AM EST
Wow, that's one brave cat!

I think it's weird how they always have to "hunt" for skanky water even though you put out a bowl of clean water for them.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

They're looking for one by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 03:56:59 PM EST
where the chlorine has off-gassed. Cats are sensitive to that shit.

We came home from a vacation once... by ana (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Apr 29, 2010 at 10:15:22 AM EST
to find one cat in the bathtub (he liked having the tap turned on at a trickle, so he could drink the moving water), one drinking from the toilet, and the other curled up in the sink.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin