Print Story A Day in the Life -- How many teaspoons in an ocean?
By ReallyEvilCanine (Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 08:39:36 AM EST) FoxBase Pro, SQL Server, fuckwits (all tags)
How many teaspoons in an ocean?

It's been more than four years since I started this blog. I thought I'd at least be over 500 posts, preferably over a thousand. No biggie, but so far it's been a general bitchfest; I've never actually asked for help before. This time I have no idea.

Poll: McD's new veggie burger
x-posted to da brog.

Any of you SQL Server genii know how $StupidChineseCo goes about creating a replication/duplication database for SQL Server 2005 WITHOUT a fucking primary key? While the DB is live? Because that's what this jackasss customer is demanding.

If they were using a real database like Oracle I'd have an answer for him, but they insist on using FoxBase Pro MSSQL.

This just in: $TinCanCarCorp, to whom I explained last month that if our "silent install" was to work would require changing a line in the INSTALL.INI file from silentInstall = FALSE to the totally unexpected and unintuitive silentInstall = TRUE. They're back with a new ticket this morning: "ini file for silent installation always the same" [verbatim].

And before I mange to post this, another ticket just showed up from $ScammyInsuranceCo who didn't like the answer I gave them yesterday about what the minimum JavaBean version for their environment is and so posted the same question again today. I'd complain but I'm too happy about filling my queue with easy shit I don't actually have to think about, giving me more time to consider what I'm cooking the family for dinner tonight. It's looking like chicken legs with veg in a marsala sauce over tagliatelle.

< Time is not on your side. Time is on its own damn side. | Dispatches >
A Day in the Life -- How many teaspoons in an ocean? | 18 comments (18 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
over the tailgate ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 09:47:34 AM EST
soccer/footy match ? Engine block is much warmer..

Re veggie burger by ni (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 10:40:29 AM EST
Huh. I hadn't heard of this. I was also convinced I'd imagined the previous one, after discovering that no one else had encountered it. Reassuring to know that the hallucination is shared.

Pretend you haven't heard of this one by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 10:43:19 AM EST
It smells of feet, which would be an improvement on the taste. And it's ten cents more than the cheeseburger.

Typos by sugar spun (4.00 / 3) #3 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 10:41:58 AM EST
Jackasss. Mange.

If you're going to let the baby be a proofreader, you have to teach her to read. It's not like swimming, you know.

Easy repetitive cases by duxup (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 10:46:03 AM EST
Some dudes at my workplace get annoyed by such things.   I like them.  I figure I could alternately get the case where the customer asks a good question that brings up a big shortcoming in something I support then I have to give the bad, but true answer and start the storm with my name attached.

____
I can proudly say by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 11:47:08 AM EST
...I don't care, as the last time I set foot in a McDonalds was in 1996, and that was because I really, really had to take a piss.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
'Twas pregnancy what brought us there by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 11:48:55 AM EST
'twas laziness & tiredhood what brung us back.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

I can proudly say by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #8 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 11:54:46 AM EST
I went out of my way this lunchtime to get a Big Mac meal, because they are really, really delicious.

I can proudly say by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 12:33:09 PM EST
I'm a coeliac you insensitive clod!

You're breaking my heart by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 06:26:22 PM EST
(sorry, that was poor)

Maybe Mr R. McDonald can be persuaded to come up with a similar product to this:

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 01:52:11 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

chicken legs with veg in a marsala sauce by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 01:59:57 PM EST
Upper legs, or lower?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You don't know a foot from a leg? by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 02:09:28 PM EST
Legs/thigh quarters which I deboned (all bone/skin/fat/trimmings will be used for later broth/soup). And instead of marsala I went with white wine. And a fuckton of garlic. And it was good.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

WIPO: by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 04:11:16 PM EST
I sometimes want to eat patty-shaped vegetables on a bun and I don't really care if it has animal bits in it or not, so get your fucking politics out of my food and bring me the goddamned sandwich now arsehole before I throw this cash register through your fucking window.

Animal bits by ReallyEvilCanine (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Apr 23, 2010 at 09:39:27 PM EST
I gots me a collection of around 14 knives (not including butter & steak  knife cutlery) and if I were to go back to veg/vegan I could cut that number in half. I got nothing against veggies and a lot against people who bitch about veggies.

OTOH, if you call an item "veggie" even though it's made with something derived from dead cows, chickens or fishes, FUCK YOU. I will not only call you out on it, I will publicise your lies in much the same way as I spent two hours trashing a restaurant here last night on every forum and review site which had it listed.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

I AM EATING STRING CHEESE by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #16 Sat Apr 24, 2010 at 02:13:56 AM EST
MADE FROM NON-CONSENTING COWS' MILK.

YOU KNOW WHO ELSE RAPED COWS?

Someone from WA named Dave? by ReallyEvilCanine (4.00 / 2) #17 Sat Apr 24, 2010 at 06:25:44 AM EST
I can't think of anyone else here who might have accidentally tripped and fallen dick-first into a farm animal.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

HITLAR RAPED COWS. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #18 Sat Apr 24, 2010 at 12:23:03 PM EST