Print Story THERE / now I'm not naked anymore
By gzt (Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 01:13:16 PM EST) gzt, trophy, potemkin, marxist uprising, offshore drilling, goldman sachs, sushi, doctor who (all tags)
I need to see this new Doctor sometime. Is it available online (legally) in teh Americas, or will I have to consult with others?

Also: What should I name my trophy?

I'm sending in my rebate form for my RAM. Wooo. I like having more RAM, there is a very noticeable performance jump.

I have a slight tweak in my thorax. I don't think I tore anything or herniated anything and it's getting better. It's just mildly annoying at times. Doesn't interfere with anything, I don't think. I was power cleaning 190# just fine yesterday. I'll try to be strict with my deadlift form, though, instead of doing a Konstantinovs-style rounded upper back.

It's time to trim my beard.

We had our semianniversary yesterday.  Time flies when you're having fun. We had sushi and watched the most recent episodes of Fringe and How I Met Your Mother. Fringe is most excellent right now. The sushi was decent, not great. There's another sushi place fairly close by, we should try it. There are billions of sushi restaurants in the city, and we have our preferences about the best ones, but it's good to know about decent ones that are close and reasonable.

BlueOregon pointed out an article in the Rolling Stone about Goldman Sachs, which reminded me of one in The Last Psychiatrist which pointed out that, while GS had a small dip, they're back to normal.

As an aside, this quote from the article brought something up that I want to clarify:

In a classic example of how Republicans and Democrats respond to crises by engaging in fierce exchanges of moronic irrelevancies, John McCain insisted that ending the moratorium on offshore drilling would be "very helpful in the short term," while Barack Obama in typical liberal-arts yuppie style argued that federal investment in hybrid cars was the way out.
Didn't Obama recently decide it was a good idea to start offshore drilling again? I realize his position was more nuanced in the election than, "NO OFFSHORE DRILLING".

One of my coworkers owes me cookies from a couple months ago. I had forgotten, but she told me today she had made them and will give them to me tomorrow. Excellent. Cookies FTW.

Ideas for Potemkin! The Musical will be entertained. Imagine the song and dance number on the stairs... In all seriousness, what would happen if Tea Party groups started watching Battleship Potemkin? As I remarked in my previous diaries, I think the capitalist state man be in its death throes, as evidenced by people walking dogs in baby strollers.

I'm soliciting, in a number of places, suggestions for names for the trophy I got at that powerlifting competition. It is an absurdly-muscled bald man standing up with a loaded barbell at his feet.

< Hurrah | I failed >
THERE / now I'm not naked anymore | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
It's called triangulation by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 01:19:23 PM EST
now, the Republicans have to get even more extreme on the oil business. One trial balloon I heard was capturing illegal aliens and rendering them into biodiesel.

The Doctor by BlueOregon (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 01:48:58 PM EST
The 3rd week/episode aired in the UK this last weekend; the 1st episode aired on BBC America or such this last week, to the US is 2 to 2 1/2 weeks behind, if you're interested in 'legal.'

Is it available for watching on their website? by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 02:17:57 PM EST
That's the real question. Or on other websites. I can't check right now.

That I wouldn't know. by BlueOregon (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 03:47:54 PM EST
Short answer: No, not for you. See also: the BBC iPlayer. Basically: UK-only for the online stuff.

But the episodes always appear within a couple hours of broadcast (direct download, not [just] torrents and such).

Hulu lists a bunch of Doctor-related stuff, but will generally forward you to BBC America ... where you won't be IP-blocked (at home, at least!), though you won't have the most current stuff.

I don't need to be completely current by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 03:52:33 PM EST
so watching on the American schedule is fine for me, but, looking at the American site, maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't find the full episode. I guess I may have to look into nontraditional methods.

anniversary celebration by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 02:01:58 PM EST
unless you were eating the sushi off her nekkid body,

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

that would've made an interesting scene by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 02:33:33 PM EST
in the restaurant.

It's actually done that way in some places. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 04:06:05 PM EST
You should upgrayedd your restauranting experience.

i suppose it was... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 04:16:07 PM EST
...a japanese restaurant, after all...

hey, buddy, you're the by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 07:56:53 PM EST
weirdo talking about not being naked any more..

Steely Dan? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 02:03:00 PM EST
I got nothin'.

Who by gpig (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 02:10:39 PM EST
BBC America are still showing the first episode. The second one arrives on Saturday.
(,   ,') -- eep
There really is a Potemkin, The Musical! by lm (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Apr 19, 2010 at 05:29:31 PM EST
you thought I was making it up?

Cicero, The Republic
Alex Louis Armstrong by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 09:30:11 AM EST
The Strongarm Alchemist. Every scene he's in he spends more time bragging about and showing off his muscles than actually doing anything. Seems a fitting name for a trophy.

that's about what he looks like, too. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 09:32:18 AM EST
Interesting.

Charlie or Jackie by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 06:26:55 PM EST
After Charles Atlas or Jack LaLanne. Maybe combine them into Charlie-Jack or Jacked Up Charlie.

Back in the days leading up to 2008, I had a friend that almost didn't vote for O'Bama because he was willing to do offshore drilling if need be. Actually, I don't know if she did vote for O'Bama or even vote at all. Despite being quite conservative on some issues, she generally liked him except for the fact that he was willing to support offshore drilling. It seems she was raised in Cali and saw some of the damage to the shore from various offshore rigs.

Cicero, The Republic
from the subject, I hoped it was Chan by gzt (2.00 / 0) #17 Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 09:49:07 PM EST
They both have movie dynasties. Charlie is definitely underappreciated these days.