Print Story It's birthday time.
Latin
By gzt (Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 04:29:24 PM EST) gzt, gone, nonsense (all tags)
Not mine, somebody else's.

I got her the original Star Wars trilogy. The set has the remastered crap and the original. I got it because it has the original. I also got her some religious items. And unspecified things. I don't think she's reading this diary before I get them to her. If she does read this, surprise! They're in the storage closet where I told you I put them. I think. You can go ahead and get them since I won't be home until like 8:30 or 9.

And when I get home tonight, I'll work on my take-home exam. Fun fun.

I made the "blindfolded crawfish fighting in fluorescent green urine" picture from the boiary my desktop background. It's a pretty interesting photo.

Work just got crazy. I'm out until Tuesday, but being here wouldn't help that much. But this is crazy stupid shit. Semi-fortunately, the person bearing the brunt of this is not me. It's that nonsensical project that is NONSENSE. We're not let in the room to explain that what they want is nonsense. It's not that it's a lot of work (it is a lot of work). It's that they're demanding a lot of work on stuff that isn't going to be what they want.

I've got a little twinge in my shoulder. It gets like that when I stand for too long too often. It's like a little needle stuck just below the top inside corner of my right shoulder blade.

Okay. Now to do some crap. Woooooo. And then I'm gone until Tuesday.

< I love riding this time of year. | Code Pink for the Win! >
It's birthday time. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Is she a Han-Shot-Firster? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 04:50:18 PM EST

Adamantly. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 04:57:19 PM EST
Almost religiously.

she's a keeper then! by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 07:12:47 PM EST

Click
I fear what Lucas will do to Heinlein by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 07:28:32 PM EST

every time by barooo (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 01, 2010 at 10:28:24 AM EST
you mention that a small part of me dies.

man, i need a beefy taco now.
-gzt
You need to work on your Romance-Fu. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 06:13:01 PM EST
I mean, c'mon.

You can get that!? by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 07:57:14 PM EST
I thought the Lucas was intent on destroying anything of quality he'd ever touched.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
grudgingly released by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 10:18:45 PM EST
but, yes. and, yes, he is.

You can get it. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Apr 01, 2010 at 09:32:58 AM EST
But it's non-anamorphic, and a fairly bad transfer, which throws the "ONE TRUE FAN" types into blind rage. Must admit, it does look pretty shit-tacular on the big screens, but at least you can watch it.

hmmm by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Apr 01, 2010 at 12:08:06 PM EST
So about like my DVD bootleg rips of old VHSes...
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Pretty close. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Apr 01, 2010 at 01:41:53 PM EST
Rumor was he's destroyed the true masters, so the DVDs were copied and encoded off of the tape masters. I'm not exactly sure what "tape masters" means, but that's what circulated at the time they were released.

Of course, there's high probabilities of nerdrage rumor being involved in that circulation, so who knows? One thing's for sure, they look pretty crappy. Not a whole lot better than watching the old VHS copies.

It's birthday time. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback