Print Story Life EEEEEESH/Etchings, Number 5
By nightflameblue (Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 11:38:01 AM EST) (all tags)
I've found that in tracking events and thoughts I end up just feeling at the end of the day that each of them is a useless tidbit of the moment. I've deleted more than I've written up. As a consequence, I've pretty well stopped posting anything around here.

This may not be a bad thing.

• Zippy Fails at Home
  • Good Weather Plans

Zippy Fails at Home

Not even sure how to write this one up.

I come in to work one morning to find Zippy on the phone being screamed at by his wife, who BB and I refer to as "momma." When BB finally arrives, I text him and say, "lookout. Momma's on the warpath."

So he informs me that after I left the previous day (disease related) momma called the boy and started ripping into him so loudly that the words could be heard plain as day all around. The following stuck out enough for him to remember.

"You don't spend enough time at home. You're always out spending all your time with your sports." Now, as far as we know, he goes out to play a game of either softball or basketball (or something, who knows) once a week, twice a week towards the end of the season. Everybody needs something, and this is Zippy's something. Good for him, he needs hobbies.

"And even when you are home all you do is sit on the couch and eat chips." WERD MOMMA! That's all he does here too.

"Maybe I should just move out." I'm sorry, that's one that anybody in Zippy's position should jump all the fuck over. I'd be offering help in packing if that was ever uttered to me after an epic bitch session.

"And on top of everything else, it's time for us to start trying again." *BOGGLE* Yeah, that's right. Apparently the Zipper informed BB that his first kid came because they weren't getting along and she decided, on her own, that that meant it was time to have a kid. Because, in the immortal words of one georgeha, kids fix everything.

It's nice to know that every stage of his existence is filled with bile and hatred. If he wasn't such a worthless sack of crap, I'd offer to take him out for a beer. As it is, that would likely result in a hospital trip and a night or more in a cell.

Good Weather Plans

Getting excited about the sudden shift to decent weather. We've bounced up into the sixties the past couple days. Got the bike out and been riding to work again. Started cleaning up the yard. Getting the shop cleaned up and ready for another season of workbench evenings building things that probably shouldn't be built, all good times.

And then this damn cold knocked me on my ass. Nothing worse than a spring cold, and this one came on like gangbusters. One day I had a tickle in my throat, next day I couldn't even get out of bed until about 1:30 or so in the afternoon.

And then it just hangs on. And hangs on. And hangs on. Going on my second week of sniffles and hacking now. Nonsense right when the weather turns.

So, yeah. Colds and good weather. Still, I'll take this over the damn snow.

< After Almost 20 Years... | Sending off my registration. >
Life EEEEEESH/Etchings, Number 5 | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
after I left the previous day (disease related) by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 11:59:39 AM EST
Penicillin will knock that drip right back.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Zippy by duxup (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 12:02:45 PM EST
We have a Zippy momma too.  Except he's not a worthless hunk of crap (he does a good job for the most part), his wife does however call him constantly while at work and yell at him.

Always petty bullshit and / or asking (somehow yelling at the same time) how to do stuff an adult should know how to do.  LOUD as hell so even when he has his cell all the way down you can hear her clearly.  They've adopted two kids.... she wants to adopt more, and yeah also amid threats of divorce.

Even better is her job.  She's a social worker.  W T F

____
Those who know how, live. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 01:20:44 PM EST
Those who don't know how, become either HR pests, or social workers, trying to teach others how to live. Because they're so good at it themselves.

Social workers are fucked up people by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 02:44:06 PM EST
I mean really, really fucked up well beyond the standard ratio of the general populace.  Oh, and their degree is worth more than yours.  They remind me of teachers.  Fucked up people.

From what little I know about them by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 03:16:01 PM EST
what you say seems to be a near universal truth. I mean, every group has bad apples, but social workers seem to have the rare good apple. Very rare.

It is weird by duxup (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 02:53:38 PM EST
Hearing her call actually depresses me at times.    Actual conversation:

Coworker: Hey coworker x is having a party and wants to know if we can come.

Wife: No, we are not!  I know what you say about me at work.

Coworker: How can you know that?

Wife:  I know they hate me because of the things you say about me!  We are NOT going.

Coworker: They don't hate you.  They do hear you call and bitch about every little thing every day.

The last line was a rare moment of honesty . ..  and a terrible mistake by my coworker.*

*Perhaps she should hear it, it is true, but it changes nothing and his relationship is not one that needs honesty.  It is one that needs to end.

____
Damn. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 03:14:50 PM EST

I'd love to hear Zippy be that ballsy some day. It won't happen because all he ever gets out is mumbles and whatevers, but it would either shut her up, or push her right over the edge.

Crazed bitches who call their Paycheck by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Mar 30, 2010 at 09:07:18 PM EST
at work - just to bitch at him - should DIAF.

Life EEEEEESH/Etchings, Number 5 | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback