Print Story Confusion
By Merekat (Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 06:46:45 AM EST) (all tags)
So , apparently priests raped children because sometime in the future before they did that, there was a misunderstanding of Vatican II (which is therefore dubious) and even further in the future, people stopped going to church every day in Lent. Catholics - why do you accept this from your leadership?

I think I will leave the last word on this to an old article in The Onion in an article not significantly more bizarre than that which it parodies.

Slow, quiet, quietly frustrating weekend. Warm weather and rain together leave me feeling borderline nauseous the whole time and a standoff over laundry responsibilities left me with almost no trousers.

Since easter is approaching, I will take advantage of dominant religious preferences to enable roasting some goat. The hidden dependency on this is replacing the sage and rosemary plants which I killed through neglect during the winter.

I need a hobby. One to preoccupy the mind without tiring it, and ideally also to get me out of the house. Must be able to cope with multiple interruptions in attendance for travelling.

If I were truly modern for my age group, this would not be a diary but a series of tweets.
< I'm not one to brag, but yeah! | Draper vs. Stinson, or, It's a Trap! >
Confusion | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I suggest big game hunting as a hobby by lm (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 06:58:32 AM EST
Aside from being fun (and tasty), it teaches valuable skills for after the apocalypse.

Cicero, The Republic
Small game hunting is better by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 08:33:12 AM EST
Squirrel, rabbit, cat. .22 Ammo is cheaper and more likely to be available.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Better or more fun? by lm (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 08:38:44 PM EST
On a practical level, I'd mostly agree. (Although deer doesn't count as small game and would feed a family far longer than a large number of rabbits.)

But we're talking about hobbies here, not home economics.

Cicero, The Republic
Also . . . by lm (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 04:55:03 PM EST
. . . I just found out today that a number of states don't have any limits on weapons used on private land to hunt wild boar.

God bless America!

I think I might go get myself a hunting license for the first time in decades.

Cicero, The Republic
Almost no trousers by Herring (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 07:35:17 AM EST
So, one trouser then.

Re. priests - often I find myself wishing all that stuff about hell was actually true.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky

Hobby by hulver (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 07:42:03 AM EST
Cycling! Occupys the mind, keeps you fit, you can do it as and when time allows.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Let's forgive and forget by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 08:09:00 AM EST
And move on just like the paedo priests did to another parish...

Philately by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 04:56:38 PM EST
You can hit up the shops as time allows.

Harmonica by motty (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Mar 22, 2010 at 07:30:36 PM EST