Print Story Oh so many places we'll go!
By dev trash (Mon Mar 15, 2010 at 09:21:46 PM EST) (all tags)
I bought yeast today.  I feel so domestic.

Peter Arness died.  When I heard the reporter mention that James Arness was his older brother (and who will be 87 in May ) I thought to myself, hmmmm, I bet Arness was the family name and Graves was the assumed name.  And I was correct.  Peter didn't want to be confused with this older brother.  And who can blame him, I mean Marshall Matt Dillon for fuck's sake.

I received the census form today.  I was disappointed that Obama didn't ask how many guns I had, or if I belonged to any conservative groups.  I mean really, this guy is a dictator and he asks 10 simple questions.  The last census had a short and long form and asked way too many questions not needed for a simple census.  I mean that guy was a really really really bad Democrat, right?  Oh, crap, that was Bush?  Oh, man.

In 72 years, my nephews and niece's kids' kids will be doing some family research and come across my entry in the 2010 census.  Kinda puts things into perspective.  In theory, I could right there with them, I'm 37 now, and 109 is not impossible but yeah.  And then 10 years later, if any of them are still into the genealogy they'll be anxiously awaiting for the 2020 data to become available to see if I've moved, or whatnot.

This coming weekend looks to be decent, temps in the 60s and a high pressure system in full effect.  I am thinking I should get the bike out and do a quick ride on the trail.  March is still too early to go biking every weekend, but with the time change the days are lighter for a longer time after work, so there is hope.

And suddenly it is almost 22:30.  Man this time change.  Messed me up.

More later.

< A Whiteboard Story | "Forward" he cried, from the rear >
Oh so many places we'll go! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Ha, ha. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 at 09:38:32 PM EST
I think that saying someone is really bad is all the proof required for millions to believe these days.

I got a freakin' letter that said I'd be getting a census questionaire in the mail. Seems like a waste of money.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

perhaps by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Mar 16, 2010 at 09:32:51 PM EST
Of course we're both in the know and realize a census is coming.  Someone asked me if it was every 15 years we had a census.  And then I had to explain why they do the census.

Click
You're 37? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 15, 2010 at 10:49:26 PM EST
Damn. You better hurry up and procreate before your sperms expire.

grand pappy was 83 when he sired the twins. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Mar 16, 2010 at 09:29:39 PM EST

Click
It must be cool to be by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Mar 17, 2010 at 05:04:31 AM EST
able to ignore actuarial tables.

2000 census by lm (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Mar 16, 2010 at 06:44:00 AM EST
Maybe my arithmetic is incorrect, but I think the last census was done under Clinton.

Cicero, The Republic
yea by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Mar 16, 2010 at 09:24:55 PM EST
duh.  Not sure why I went right to 1990.

Click