Print Story My head feels like a SWORD!
Sci-Fi
By gzt (Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 02:59:19 PM EST) gzt, internet, troll, homework, squats (all tags)
Watched two episodes of Star Trek last night with Teh Wife because she had a cold. We watched the one with the Gorn and "The Dagger of the Mind". Awesome. Next will be The Menagerie, which is pretty good.

Just got off the phone with some people trying to get rid of this car. They think they can get like $700. +1 approve. More than I thought. Last time I checked with these people they offered $100. I double-checked by describing once again the condition of the car, but, they were like, oh, yeah, we'll say $700.

I'm slowing down on Lost in the Cosmos so Teh Wife can catch up and we can discuss. I'm at the chapter on semiotics.

I'm probably in the market for a cheap printer scanner combo. I don't have to print much - a couple pages per week, tops. Scans aren't high volume or high quality, but relatively frequent. So it's not like we need something that great for either. The conclusion: we could probably survive on one of those cheap and crappy all-in-one printers.

Definitively the case: I am going to have to change the way I train squats because of my elbow. After the layoff, it was fine for, like, two workouts, started to hurt the third, and yesterday it just sucked: painful after the last warmup at 315 and bad enough on the first workset at 330 that I cut it out after that set. A pity, because it was rocketing up. So I'm going to experiment. High bar squats are less stressful on the shoulders, perhaps it is on the elbows, too. Safety bar squats alter the movement a bit, but have no stress on the elbows. Front squats are more Oly-specific, which is one of my interests, but not right now with a powerlifting meet coming up. I think I will do front squats and safety bar squats in the next two training sessions to give my elbow time to recover and then see whether high bar squats hurt or not. It's not really the elbow that hurts, per se, it's the arm right where people break their humerus when arm wrestling incorrectly. This indicates to me that I have some sort of grip problem that's putting some torque on my arm and I'm going to have to sort that out sometime, but not right now. The annoying part is that I'll have to experiment for a little bit to figure out what the right load is. Which is fine, except that I have a meet in 6 weeks and one of those weeks will have no training. I hoped to make more progress. Oh well. Whatevs.

We do proofs sometimes in the homework for this stats class. It's awesome. It's been a little while since I've done proofs. I still, of course, blitz through them. Speaking of which: wooo I got 95 on my last homework and 100 on my last quiz.

Sigh: I just had to say this on a discussion forum somewhere:

No, there are idiots who will neither do the groundwork nor acquire the basic framework to understand anything (you) and people who get annoyed by persistent refusals to learn by any method other than spoonfeeding (everybody else).

HTH. HAND.

What can I say? It's not my job to do somebody's homework, but I gave pretty decent directions and guidance on how to find the answer, and if he knew anything about anything, it would seem pretty clear. Oh well. It's just the internet.
< Whatever happened to the Troll Community | Water Intoxication >
My head feels like a SWORD! | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
a couple pages per week, tops by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 03:46:32 PM EST
Don't. Seriously. Running an ink jet that rarely results in the ink drying up before you can use it. But a cheap laser for occasional printing and a cheap scanner (or use a camera) for scanning. Over the course of a year it's much cheaper.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

+1 informative by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 04:19:04 PM EST
But, just quickly poking around, it seems cheap all-in-one units are cheaper than dedicated scanners. Further research may prove otherwise. But that just makes it seem that, yes, I should follow your suggestion, but get an all-in-one and use it only as a scanner once the ink dries up, then get a laser printer for printing needs. Or I should just bite the bullet and do it right. I don't know. I'll research more.

don't forget to add in the cost of the ink. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 05:07:06 PM EST
they mostly give the printers away for near free, but the ink is freaking expensive.

well, but that's why I don't replace the ink by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 05:16:53 PM EST
And end up, in the end, with a scanner. Then replace the printer part with a laser printer or just give up on printing.

The last time I looked . . . by lm (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 05:48:38 PM EST
. . . there are some fairly inexpensive laser all-in-one solutions.

But, personally, I like my mid-range Epson color laser/scanner/fax. Having a sheet feeder those few times I send a dozen page fax per year is royally convenient. The only downside is that it is very large.

Cicero, The Republic
Yeah by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 04:57:20 PM EST
I bought a cheap-ass laser printer a couple years ago and am far, far happier with trying to print documents on the crappy inkjet that works well for photos.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Sounds like you're running Family Bible Study - by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 01, 2010 at 05:36:51 PM EST
but except with Science.