Print Story I can't quite remember when I last had a drink
Drink
By gzt (Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 01:51:32 PM EST) gzt, panna cotta, nonsense, noise (all tags)
I know I did at New Year's. I think some Sunday evening in the last month while we were dining with somebody I had some wine. Maybe on another Sunday evening, too. That's pretty much the way things have gone the last few months.

I bring that up because I was staring at the cheap wine at CVS last night. I was picking up a big ol' thing of bog roll. Now that I think of it, I have some wine and beer in my desk at work, so staring at alcohol I would've had to purchase is just silly. I also have some at home in the storage closet to age (Dark Lord, woo!).

My elbow hurts at the point where people break their humerus when arm-wrestling. It's not really hurting at the elbow, then, you know.

I don't know about going to the gym today. There's a lot of snow. I need to finish my homework and do more studying, too. And sometimes I get a little psyched out about how much I'm supposed to be lifting. But, seriously, trudging through the snow could piss me off more than missing training.

Neighbor downstairs gently reminded us of how the noise carries through the floor. It's mildly annoying because we're not that loud, but, yes, we'll try. We're thinking of getting more rugs to put on the hardwood floors, which may help, but, well, I'm 115kg of man and no matter how lightly I step in the bedroom while getting up for work, some of the boards will squeak. Still, you know, gotta try.

I can't remember which band is worse: Nickelback or Creed. I became a fan of this thing on facebook that was about trying to see if a pickle could get more fans than that band. My great hatred for Nickelback forced me to sign up. The only nice thing I can say about them is that they are so consistent.

Aww yeah: one of the coworkers, her son is in culinary school or something down the street, just brought in hoity-toity rich people desserts. Note: panna cotta really isn't exciting, especially without a fruit topping.

< a visit to the madhouse | The Trials of a New Dad >
I can't quite remember when I last had a drink | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The difference between Nickleback and Creed by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 02:03:15 PM EST
Nickleback KNOWS they suck, Creed is filled to the brim with arrogance and cockiness. Creed sucks more for it, though if you only judge on musical ability, they're neck and neck.

I'd still buy a Tremonti SE PRS though, cause that shit's awesome. The band? Not so much.

You have a point. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 02:30:43 PM EST
Nickelback knows what they're doing. It's reprehensible, but they don't pretend it's anything other than a paycheck.

Creed has that awkward Christian Rock by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 05:38:10 PM EST
thing going for it too. -1

I'm ok with christian rock by garlic (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 05:53:10 PM EST
as long as it's not ashamed of being christian rock.

if you can't remember.. by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 02:42:24 PM EST
then work can't be bugging you that much..

Injury is no fun..

if it continues... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Feb 09, 2010 at 03:19:21 PM EST
...I'll get it checked out to see if it could be a stress fracture or something. I might switch to safety bar squats, front squats, etc. But strong and healthy enough for the meet in April. It doesn't seem to complain about presses unless already sore from squats.