Print Story Sarah Palin is Pure Gold
By jimgon (Fri Feb 05, 2010 at 10:03:07 PM EST) (all tags)
I hate Sarah Palin so much, but she just keeps giving up great material.

The latest being the Rahm Emanuel flack about calling liberal activists attacking conservative Democrats as being a bunch of retards.  You may have seen the press about it, and Sarah Palin calling for Emanuel's resignation.  So what happens?  Rush Limbaugh rushes in to attack political correctness and agree with Rahm Emanuel that liberal activists are retards.  So far Palin has refused to condemn Limbaugh.  Man, you just can't make this Sarah Palin shit up.

Here's a link to the latest.
< Motorbike and other waffling... Oh - and greetings! | All I need is the air that I breathe >
Sarah Palin is Pure Gold | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
She's truly the gift that keeps on giving. n/t by Captain Tenille (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Feb 05, 2010 at 10:58:24 PM EST

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Between her and by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #12 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 12:33:11 PM EST
Senator Shelby I'm getting more and more confident about the 2010 elections.

Obama needs to call a Turnip Day...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

She's not retarded by johnny (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 01:06:37 AM EST
She's just en retard.

Rush, on the other hand, is proof that name is destiny. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102820/

I will say by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 09:22:36 AM EST
Rush played her pretty well.  I don't follow him so I don't know where he stands with Palin.

---------------
How can people hate other humans? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 01:31:19 AM EST
I can see hating their actions. but what you're doing is wallowing in the filth that the Right has been soaking in for ages.

Actually it's pretty easy by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 09:24:13 AM EST
Most people aren't worth saving.  There's plenty of excess population.

---------------
Alex Jones by dmg (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 12:01:33 PM EST
Has a theory about this.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
He's crazy by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 03:19:01 PM EST
Me, I just think we could loose the unemployed portion of society.  Unemployment is an obvious sign of excess population.  The proper solution is not tax credits or welfare, but Daleks.

---------------
Those two by duxup (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 08:05:54 AM EST
I suspect that Emanuel and Limbaugh could if alone in a bar together toss back some drinks together and have a good time.

____
I doubt Limbaugh believes everything he says by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #5 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 08:33:44 AM EST
and for that kind of money, I could spout that stuff, too.

I absolutely agree by jimgon (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 09:24:58 AM EST
It's not about policy, it's about winning.

---------------
Speaking of Rush Limbaugh by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 10:37:57 AM EST
This is a sad sad video tale...

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Sad indeed by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 11:35:24 AM EST

On the high point he got the royalty when they bought it.

---------------
Retarded by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #13 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 02:40:52 PM EST
Clearly the wrong word. They mean 'fucked up'. Oh wait, can't say that either.

Not much he could say by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Feb 06, 2010 at 03:20:35 PM EST
If he said moron or stupid, then Sarah Palin would still take personal exception.  A moron can rise to the level of Governor of a US state and Vice President candidate.

---------------
The Tea Baggist convention by lm (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 11:27:17 AM EST
Palin said she only backed candidates that were fiscally conservative and accepted personal responsibility.

Then the convention toasted Ronald Reagan.

Cicero, The Republic
Tea Bag Concention by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 04:04:18 PM EST
I read some snippets of the speech she gave.  The people in the Tea Bag movement scare me.  They are fueled by pure emotion, and the emotion that fuels them the most is anger.  They are also extremely authoritarian.  Between the authoritatianism and the anger they are ripe to propel a fascist takeover.  Over the last thirty years the American people have been primed to be receptive to authoritarianism.

---------------
To some degree, I agree by lm (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 04:36:42 PM EST
But I think the media overstates the authoritarian aspects of some of the tea baggists. In general, the media profits more by presenting the most extreme tea baggist views than it would by presenting the more sensible aspects of the movement.

The elements you've mentioned are certainly in there. They may even be the majority elements. But they aren't the only elements in there. Aside from would be authoritarians, there is also a "don't tread on me" crowd that is about as anti-authoritarian as one can get and remain this side of anarchist.

Cicero, The Republic
Conservative Movement by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #19 Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 09:57:29 PM EST

The conservative movement at its core is an authoritarian movement.  The Tea Baggers are the latest in the conservative push, and whether or not they understand it, they are pushing and contributing to the embrace fo authoritarianism.

---------------
I'd agree with half of that by lm (2.00 / 0) #20 Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 10:35:00 PM EST
That authoritarians are using the efforts of the Tea Baggists whether or not those Tea Baggists have authoritarian tendencies, I have no doubt. You could paint the way that GOP operatives are making the way the Tea Baggists dance is close to the way that Bismarck implemented liberal policies that, among other things, enfranchised conservative peasants to the benefit of his very authoritarian party.

But the conservative movement in general is far more broad than you're giving it credit for being. You're pulling the equivalent of branding all Democrats as liberals.

Cicero, The Republic
Depends by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Feb 08, 2010 at 07:14:05 PM EST
I really don't consider libertarians to be part of the conservative movement.  True libertarians.

---------------
Libertarians are part of the Tea Baggist movement by lm (2.00 / 0) #22 Mon Feb 08, 2010 at 08:41:18 PM EST
There is no small amount of overlap between libertarians (of both big L and little l sorts) and the Tea Baggists. Which is my point. It's not a homogenous crowd.

Cicero, The Republic
Not a homogenous crowd by jimgon (2.00 / 0) #23 Wed Feb 10, 2010 at 02:14:54 PM EST
I agree, it is not.  I think there are libertarians involved at the fringe, but I think the core is not libertarian.  Ron Paul has three Tea Bag opponents currently.  Ron Paul.  Grampa Tea Party himself.  Near as I can tell the Tea Party crowd has no ideology.  They're just mad.  And mad people do crazy things.

---------------