Print Story Not trolling is its own reward...
Trolling
By dmg (Tue Feb 23, 2010 at 07:13:38 PM EST) (all tags)
My resolution is still in effect. It has been a very difficult 7 weeks or so, but I am steadfast in my commitment. I may have wavered from time to time, but I really have tried hard to keep my content troll free.

I feel a lot better for it too. I think I have come to a realization that attempting to educate the Internet via misinformation is a Sysphian task, never likely to be completed, and also, not my responsibility.

In the time I saved I have upgraded all my Logic Pro plugins to their latest versions, and figured out the solution to an automation issue from which I have been suffering. Also managed to get some clubbing and snowboarding done. I think it is getting easier as time goes by. I am able to ignore those red flags that in earlier times would have provoked me into trolling.

On the other hand, my alcohol intake seems to have risen slightly. It's too early to draw any firm conclusions on the cause of this.

I think husi overall is benefiting from my rehabilitation. It seems just that little bit friendlier now.
< What to do about the body. | Baby Photos >
Not trolling is its own reward... | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I refrained from killing three people this week by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #1 Tue Feb 23, 2010 at 10:12:37 PM EST
but you don't see me blagging about it, sucka.

Well, yeah, but how many by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 09:11:01 AM EST
did you not refrain from killing?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

It *is* it's own reward by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 3) #2 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 06:19:35 AM EST
I remember when I realized that trolling wasn't worth it - it was back in 1972 when Linus Torvaldes began inventing the Apple Macintosh operating system. I knew then, that a huge event such as that would certainly make it easy to troll - but I decided to rise above it and ever since then I've minded my p's and q's.

Oh sure, it's been tempting, like when Tim Berners Lee developed Windows 95 and everyone said how great it was - I knew it would be like shooting fish in a barrel to troll those simpletons. And don't get me started about trolling the rubes who thought that Unox was a better operating system than emacs.

No sir - clean living is the way to go.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Avoiding trolling. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 07:49:45 AM EST
I have found that if there's no line in the water you tend to get far fewer bites, if you know what I mean. Interaction rates tend to drop like a rock when you're not going out of your way to be a butthole.

Then again, around here interaction rates tend to be pretty low anyway.

So by duxup (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 10:52:42 AM EST
Is this diary a troll?

____
It is dependent on the observer... by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 04:38:22 PM EST
From where I'm standing, no.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Ok i'm fairly sure that response wsa a troll..... by duxup (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 04:48:07 PM EST
>_>
<_<

____
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Diary by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 04:59:18 PM EST
in play.

It exists in a quantum superposition by dmg (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 07:18:50 PM EST
Of both troll and non-troll, until observed.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Clubbing? by bobdole (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Feb 24, 2010 at 12:35:37 PM EST
Like baby seals and stuff?

-- The revolution will not be televised.