Print Story noooooooooo
Films
By tierrasimbolica (Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 10:52:53 AM EST) (all tags)
why why why why why

it's not that julia roberts is a terrible actress, but ERIN BROCKOVICH of all things?? ellen burstyn was ROBBED nooooooooooooo god why

ok so i'm about 10 years late. it's taken me this long to work up the courage to watch requiem for a dream.
< A Day in the Life -- Fur stayed | on xenophobia >
noooooooooo | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
with good reason, as it turns out. by tierrasimbolica (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 10:54:42 AM EST

Thank you for that. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 11:16:40 AM EST
Tonight's triple feature will be Requiem, Synecdoche New York and Young Frankenstein. I will, of course, reserve a spot for you in the event you drop in.

thanks but no thanks by tierrasimbolica (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 11:52:43 AM EST
one viewing of requiem is a strong enough dose to last me a good long while.

meanwhile, if you're shooting for a movie mindfvck marathon, might i recommend swapping out young frankenstein from your film cocktail with some tideland perhaps?

oh i get it by tierrasimbolica (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 11:56:53 AM EST
comedy chaser.

Yeppers. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 12:30:51 PM EST
But I trust your taste in film explicitly, so I'll check out Tideland too. Thanks.

Maybe you can clarify by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 12:57:30 PM EST
Some years since I saw it, but it wasn't a bad movie.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
not at all by tierrasimbolica (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 01:17:32 PM EST
i thought it was brilliant.  just emotionally intense, and poignant.  it made me feel sad.   it also made me feel incredibly lucid, which is good.

Jennifer Connelly before the weight loss (nt) by houser2112 (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 03:34:00 PM EST

i think she's so much prettier by tierrasimbolica (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 09:12:20 PM EST
now that she's 40.

she has aged well.

hmmm by tierrasimbolica (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Dec 08, 2010 at 09:15:38 PM EST
of course, that photo is touched up a bit.  but still, i think she's much more attractive in her more recent films.

I'm not disputing that she's aged well by houser2112 (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Dec 09, 2010 at 08:11:10 AM EST
I'm just saying that at some point, she lost some weight that lessened her killer curves, and she became rather waifish, and it made me sad.

i wasn't meaning to invalidate your perspective by tierrasimbolica (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Dec 09, 2010 at 12:08:54 PM EST
or suggest a debate.   just sharing my own thoughts. =)

i could certainly understand your point of view.  as far as women's bodies go, i think curvaceous women are generally much more appealing than waif-ish ones.  christina hendricks, salma hayek, jennifer tilly, etc - all women with very sexy bodies in my opinion.  i just happen to find jennifer connelly more attractive in the face without the "baby fat" (on her face specifically).

Double Feature by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Dec 09, 2010 at 06:22:04 AM EST
Requiem for a Dream/Dude Where's My Car.

Saved my film-nerd credentials and my sanity.

noooooooooo | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback