Print Story am pretty buzzed
By MillMan (Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 02:42:56 AM EST) (all tags)
on a 20 of hop stupid ale.

• I bought my sister a large pack of stroopwafles (GIYS) for Christmas, among other items. I picked them up from the post office, and there were four individually wrapped packages with about 15 stroops per package. You know where this is headed - I just finished off one of the packages myself.

• Unusually good football on the TV today.

• I am currently on jury duty as an alternate juror. The case is not as emotionally intense as Aphrael's trial, although it does involve the death of a person, and I think it's more worthy of a jury trial (aph's trial really should have been pleaded out). I'll probably write a diary about it after.

• Upping the protein and cutting an equivalent amount of carbs has worked. I've added muscle. Not a ton, but I've had no problem continuing to progress both with bench press and pull down / pull up exercises. Enough to where my body looks different - at least to me.

• Flying home on Christmas eve. It looks like it'll just be the immediate family for the first time in my life this year. We almost never hang out with my dad's brother's family, and my mother's sister's clan, who we normally get together with and sometimes host ourselves, is apparently now too big to host us (no one in the family has a McMansion). I'm not close to anyone in the extended family, so while it's a bummer on an abstract level I'm honestly not bothered. I would rather spend time with my parents who are not getting any younger anyway. Two good friends back home have wives who popped proto-humans in the last few months, so I'll try to get visits in to them too. Also, snowshoeing with the sis. And maybe stalking duxup if I get bored.

• Board games tomorrow.

• Black Swan on Tuesday.

• Merry x-mas kids.

< Prelude | Quick bulleted update >
am pretty buzzed | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
That's ... by BlueOregon (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 02:54:41 AM EST
Hop Stoopid.

... first time I encountered that spelling.

jury duty by aphrael (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 03:50:15 AM EST
agreed that my case really should have pled out, although (a) it's not clear that a plea deal was on the table (what's the prosecution's incentive to offer one, here?), and (b) they did get 6 of the 14 counts knocked out because of (I assume) evidence issues.

I'll look forward to your recounting. :)

Incentive by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 07:52:41 AM EST
To spare the victims testifying.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

And that bothers the prosecuter? <No Tears> by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 10:47:51 AM EST

Apparently not by brokkr (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 11:25:52 AM EST
but it should.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

Unfortunately by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 12:19:10 PM EST
If that gets used for plea bargains, the response will be "We'll force the victim to testify and make it hard on her" in future trials.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
true enough by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 12:12:27 PM EST
IANAL and I don't know the case. My feelings on this particular trial do not lean one way or another, leading me to believe it's a good candidate for a jury trial.

IIRC, MillChick is fairly attractive... by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 06:59:26 AM EST
plzpstsnwbnnypixk?thnx

Fairly attractive? by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 01:02:38 PM EST
Dude, she's lovely looking. And awesome, too. Did I mention she was not in the least fazed when two almost-strangers said, Hey, we're off to a nudist sauna, wanna come? And that she said yes?

Merry Christmas, MM and MC.

You're not too shabby either, missy. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 02:59:47 PM EST
I'd say more, but I don't wanna jeopardise those sammich-making skills for your man.

*blushes* by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Dec 21, 2010 at 09:13:02 AM EST
*giggles*

I'm flying home on Wednesday... by bobdole (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Dec 20, 2010 at 10:01:02 AM EST
...and landing Thursday. Looking forward to spending christmas stuck in an airport somewhere. It's bound to happen.
-- The revolution will not be televised.
am pretty buzzed | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback