- the woman working at the polling place was somewhat taken aback when I said I needed to return my husband's absentee ballot. She accepted it, but clearly was surprised and not quite sure how to react.
- a friend of mine had a sudden death in the family two weeks ago; it's wierd for me. I really liked the relative in question, even though I hadn't seen her in many years, and I think the world is lessened by her absence.
- it's kind of odd listening to a 1997-era bootleg DJ shadow concert that was broadcast live by a local radio station; the local radio station station ID interruptions are surreal.
- The Grand Design was surprisingly fluffy. A good piece of storytelling for laypeople, but surprisingly little meat.
- it's totally bizarre to not be in a polling place on a general election day. First time that's ever happened.
|< I'm bad at waiting | Oh, fuck it. >|