Print Story Attn Boston Infidels
Food
By aethucyn (Tue Nov 09, 2010 at 08:54:02 PM EST) (all tags)
Am I doing this right?

I decided to take next week (11/15-11/19) off from work. The main reason is so that I can spend more time not working, but it occurs to me that I can do other things as well (while not working). Thus, I propose lunch at the China Pearl. Anybody in? What days work for people?

It should be noted that I've never taken the lead in proposing such a lunch before, and will thus be heart-broken it nobody wants to come.

Also, sorry, no actual content.

< Fluid | stuff and things >
Attn Boston Infidels | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm up for it. by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 09, 2010 at 10:49:10 PM EST
And it looks like the only constraint is that I would have to be there at 12:15 or after on Tuesday, and we'd have to be done by 2 on Thursday. (China Pearl is that restaurant in Chinatown, right? I'm not confusing it with something else, am I)
Tuesday through to Thursday? by hulver (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 03:49:54 AM EST
That's one hell of a lunch. ;)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Ah, takes me back to by Herring (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 04:22:31 AM EST
working at Crap Corp. Don't think we ever stayed at the pub that long though.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Must be /really good/ chinese. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 10:53:29 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Or maybe... by ana (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 01:30:09 PM EST
China Pearl is actually in Beijing.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Maybe Monday or Friday by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 09, 2010 at 11:50:57 PM EST
And that only maybe. I'm traveling to, talking in, and coming home from Tulsa in the middle of the week.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Tulsa in November? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 10:54:04 AM EST
Who'd you piss off?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Nobody by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 01:22:48 PM EST
It's not as bad as Laramie, WY in January.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

True, dat. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Nov 11, 2010 at 08:13:53 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Looks like a good week for it. by ana (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 06:58:18 AM EST
I have a meeting nominally 11-12 on Wednesday, but might be able to skip out early. I can almost certainly get to Chinatown by 12:30 or so Wednesday. The other days are open around lunchtime. Hectic otherwise, but fine during the day.

Might want to e-mail adhoc; I haven't seen him around here lately.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

adhoc writes... by ana (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Nov 11, 2010 at 10:29:35 AM EST
Next week is tough. Mon and Wed are out. Tues maybe later (12:30+). Thurs and Fri might be okay. But don't work plans around my schedule.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Wednesday or Friday by Kellnerin (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 10, 2010 at 07:39:52 AM EST
are my votes. On Wednesday I would need to be back in Kendall by 2:00; looking pretty open on Friday so far but I don't expect that to last.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician
So now what ya do... by ana (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Nov 12, 2010 at 11:29:11 AM EST
is tally up the votes, make an Executive Decision, and tell us all where to go. And when. Make reservations if needed.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Results by aethucyn (2.00 / 0) #14 Sun Nov 14, 2010 at 10:53:15 PM EST
Okay, let's call it Friday. Noon, or close to it at the China Pearl which is the big dim sum place that we've been to previously (very close to the DMV).

China Pearl or Empire Gardens? by ana (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 06:55:50 AM EST
I don't think I've been to China Pearl before. We've often been to Empire Gardens, however.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

You're right. I meant Empire Gardens all along by aethucyn (4.00 / 1) #16 Mon Nov 15, 2010 at 07:29:55 PM EST
Why are there so many Chinese restaurants in China Town anyway?

Attn Boston Infidels | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback