Print Story 500#
Logic & Maths
By gzt (Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 04:04:45 PM EST) gzt (all tags)
I am formally making it my goal to squat 500# this year, barring tragedies like my knee exploding, people dying, or other such nonsense. This isn't an "aspirational" goal, this is the sort of goal that you completely expect to hit if you're doing the work and things don't explode. Accordingly, unless something explodes, if I don't make it, I expect it to be brought up or something.

Largely because it means I've been slacking. If I come in and do my work, I'll make it. The hardest part is coming in and doing the work. My "aspirational" goal is to bench 300# by the end of the year. This will happen if all the planets align and things go very well. I really can't expect to get it.

It is very nice out. It has been 70 degrees and sunny for the past few days.

I bought some almonds to keep in my desk for snacking today. These are good to have on hand.

My gym now has a web page again, it seems: http://bwgym.info Good for it. Seems there's a development I missed, that at 1 on Saturdays they're having "serious lifter" days. Since Saturday is my heavy day right now, I might start coming in in the afternoon instead of the morning, especially now that I'm squatting and deadlifting decent weight.

Anyway.

Oh good grief. In a passive-aggressive mail exchange with somebody about something I said in a comment on a web-log. My comment was quite benign, but it was in response to somebody whose comment was not benign. Note to self: don't comment on web-logs about real life stuff. It's too political. I sent out an e-mail basically saying, "Look, this entire conversation is BS. I'm not badmouthing anybody on the internets. I, in fact, don't care at all about whatever's getting your panties in a bunch. We both have better stuff to do."

Well, frig. About something else.

< The trouble with kittens is that | More Internet time traveling >
500# | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Not this web-blog I hope by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 04:10:03 PM EST
I figure know one reads this one.

Oh, no. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 04:16:47 PM EST
Not at all.

Oh good, and I meant no by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 04:17:36 PM EST
not know, what can I say, it's Friday.

Not an aspirational goal by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 08:50:11 PM EST
So you don't aspire to squat #500?

Cicero, The Republic
I remember years ago by technician (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Oct 08, 2010 at 10:20:24 PM EST
making an internal goal of benching 300 pounds. The day I did it, I was at Hyde Park Gym. It was 5:30am. An older Austin firefighter was spotting me.

It was so easy, I did 325.

Amazing what an unspoken goal and a lot of quiet training can do.

My new goal is a number of miles. I've run 12.25. I'm thinking a marathon, but not an event. Just me and 27-ish miles.

only way to run: by gzt (4.00 / 1) #7 Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 11:37:25 PM EST
500# is my goal as well. by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #6 Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 01:15:22 AM EST
I aim to weigh 500 lbs. by the end of 2011.

500# | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback