Print Story I reactivated my NaNoWriMo account.
By dev trash (Tue Oct 05, 2010 at 10:05:51 PM EST) (all tags)
I was not going to do another NaNo.

I'm not all that good at writing, and all my ideas never seem to go anywhere, but there on my Twitter feed were updates from NaNo HQ, so I went and signed in and added an updated photo of me and now.

What to write about. I've thought perhaps a straight up love story, with no aliens or ghosts.  But I write about those things because they don't exist and I can make up anything I want and not be wrong.

Love.  That's something I have no experience in.  Oh sure there's parental and sibling love.  But loving a stranger, and being loved by a stranger?  Not a clue.  I like to say I was i love when I dated my first girlfriend, but was I?  I also like to think I was in love with the model I dated a few years later.  I don't think I was.

That first girlfriend, in the mid 90s in the middle of failing out of college, she loved me.  But I had no clue on how to love her, and I allowed jealousy and then fear destroy that relationship.

Circumstances being what they are, I didn't socialize much after graduating from college ( I pull myself together and got that degree ), and but once was interested, really interested in a coworker.

She's married now, and we're good friends.  She was who I had the dream I holed a few days ago.

So perhaps there are bits of all those pieces of relationships, I could put into a NaNo.  Like I said, I have no clue about love, and a novel, a story should have some sort of authenticity to it, no?

< Union Station | A Day in the Life -- There's a NetApp for that >
I reactivated my NaNoWriMo account. | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Or you could buy StarCraft 2 [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 01:39:56 AM EST

I don't think dev's Korean. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 01:57:20 AM EST
Also, RAYNOR DIES.

Fucking Snape. [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 03:27:31 PM EST

thanks by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 11:41:28 AM EST
I got bored by mission 8.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
would that mean I'd need Windows? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 10:12:24 PM EST

Click
Not if you have a Mac (nt) by fluffy (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 21, 2010 at 11:52:55 AM EST
yeah by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat Oct 23, 2010 at 12:49:56 PM EST
Don't have an extra 3 grand this month.

Click
Imagination. by ana (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 08:17:14 AM EST
Make something up. Tell it from a different point of view. Everybody has a deep dark secret which, they think, makes them unlovable. Come up with something really unique and compelling, and the story writes itself.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

yeah. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 06, 2010 at 10:18:49 PM EST
November will be fun and all that I am sure.

Click