Print Story Gotta lose a few pounds fast.
Zombies
By gzt (Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 02:32:42 PM EST) gzt, calculations (all tags)
The dentist appointment went okay. They say I've been doing a great jorb in terms of flossing and such, said I made their jorb easy. Gums a little sensitive.

But I have a followup with my doctor next week, so it might be a good idea to drop a couple pounds pretty quick. Just a couple so it doesn't look like I'm gaining weight. I am gaining weight, I'm around 257 right now, these 5x5 (as opposed to 3x5) squats have started putting more mass on the legs. Last night did 385#x5x5.

Going to see Scrappers tomorrow. It's a documentary made by a friend of mine and some people I don't know, apparently Ebert gave it a good review, about those guys who drive around alleys and pick up scrap metal for a living. Might have to skip training or delay until Friday. Or, well, the thing is at 8:15, might be able to train quickly and get back in time to shower quickly and run out to the theatre.

Class tonight is review for the test next week. I don't think the test will be that terrible, but I think I will study more for this than the test in the other class (which was Monday). This week's homework was a breeze. Amazingly, I even did all the calculations correctly on the calculator on the first shot.

< on perpetual motion | 2010-10-13 >
Gotta lose a few pounds fast. | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
The dental hygienist by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 02:36:21 PM EST
how was her rack?

unfortunately... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 02:42:42 PM EST
...it was a perky dude.

The film should be called "Thieves" by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 04:53:52 PM EST
and I am always pleased to read reports of them losing fights with live copper wires. Fuck 'em.

the film addresses the issue by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 04:59:27 PM EST
and these people are the ones doing legitimate scrapping - digging through the trash and the like.

digging through the trash ... by lm (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 06:16:08 PM EST
... can still be considered theft.

The small city I used to live in used to get a rebate from the county landfill for every ton of material that they recycled. So they started a city-wide recycling program. Which made life easy for scrappers who could then more easily find the scrap metal once it was in the "recycle" bin instead of the "trash" bin. The end result is that we all payed higher taxes than we should have.

And, even when the scrappers only go through the "trash" bins, the same applies. The city would still recycle the obviously recyclable objects like old computer cases, metal shelving, etc.

Cicero, The Republic
Cities want it both ways and that's bad. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 06:21:03 PM EST
When the city's cops root through your trash without a search warrant, that's okay - because you "abandoned it."

It's not wanting it both ways by lm (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 07:15:47 PM EST
It's wanting it one way. Once you put it out on the curb, it belongs to The Man.

Cicero, The Republic
That's metafactually correct. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 08:17:12 PM EST
Either way, it's fucked up.

i agree that taking from recycling isn't legit by gzt (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 11:32:14 PM EST
The city here doesn't really have recycling for most people.

Need to lose a few pounds? by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Oct 13, 2010 at 07:26:22 PM EST
As retird Jeneral Major of the ex British Junta, I was in charge of a secret diamond hoard.

My supperriors found out and cast me in jail, but I was clever and had already stashed the diamonds in a safe box.

I am now free and trying to reclame my diamonds.  But the bank will not let me acesss the box unless I give one thousand pounds for security fees.

I will split the diamond hoardes with you, but I need you to send me the one thousand pouinds.

Send me the tousand and we can be RICH!

Kindliest regrads,