Print Story In which we take a moment to recall Buster Keaton.
Fishies
By gzt (Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 10:31:38 AM EST) gzt, boots (all tags)
And how utterly awesome he was. This was brought about by a mention of dandy-horses, which makes one think of Our Hospitality, for which Buster Keaton constructed a dandy-horse and then gave it to the Smithsonian because they did not have a real one from that time period.

Tonight I have the place to myself. I'll finish those chairs.

This morning, I discovered a better type of sandwich. Instead of using dreadfully inefficient bread technologies, I used two slices of cheese to hold my meat. Take that, John Montagu!

I'm coming down with something. I still went to the gym and added 10# to the squat last night. I also power cleaned 92.5kg twice while warming up for deadlifts, though I should've caught in a squat instead of powering it up. I then went home and ate an entire chicken. Earlier in the day, I had a half gallon of (low-fat) eggnog. Remember: feed a cold. You should fight everything by being more awesome. You can do anything if you have enough fuel to recover.

I got up a little late this morning, so I didn't go to the car to grab my boots. There's a lot of snow coming. I hope this doesn't undo me.

I'm having weird Dune thoughts as I fall asleep or weird Dune-ish dreams. I blame the decongestants.

Going to Medieval Times restaurant soon! Woo! I'll totally eat big hunks of meat with my hands!

I think I'll make those hard-boiled eggs tonight. I keep putting it off. So, that's the agenda: hard-boiled eggs, sort laundry, finish chairs, mope around until Teh Wife comes home. I might even walk down the block and get my boots out of the car.

< The codemonkey traffic report | Got to work ok today despite the snow. >
In which we take a moment to recall Buster Keaton. | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Dune Dreams. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 10:47:15 AM EST
That's happened to me all three times I've read the entire series. It just sort of takes up residence inside the brain-pan and comes to the forefront once you've fallen asleep.

most books don't do that. by gzt (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 11:01:39 AM EST
Gotta give him props for that.

Two more Herbert books to read by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 11:11:56 AM EST
Destination:Void and Under Pressure.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

the Bowie collab? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 09:01:14 PM EST

Click
AAh Medieval Times by littlestar (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 12:16:45 PM EST
Where the waitresses are filled with the joy of being referred to as wench all day and you're meant to act like a barbarian. Not a place I'd like to work, but I look forward to taking the kids there one day... hmmm...that may be a good winter type special thing to do. Thanks for the idea!

*twinkle*twinkle*

You want really weird dreams? by MartiniPhilosopher (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 12:41:55 PM EST
Crack open a copy of the The Illuminatus! Trilogy while on those cold meds.

Buster Keaton by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Jan 07, 2010 at 02:35:09 PM EST