Print Story merry epiphany
Educashun
By gzt (Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 10:09:37 AM EST) gzt, kleenex, milk, snow boots, kristin lavransdatter (all tags)
woooo.

But, unfortunately, I seem to be coming down with another friggin' cold.

Seriously, dudes, whatte the swyve? I got over the cold I had on Christmas just a few days ago. I am going to blame 70's big for it because they wrote a post about training while ill, thereby jinxing all of us. Seems like it'll be nothing too bad, just a bit of a runny nose and annoying congestion, plus the odd "I'm sick" feeling.

Wooo going to Medieval Times. Woooo.

Woo Theophany.

I'm debating whether to add 10# to my squat today or just 5#, considering that I feel sick and didn't sleep well last night. On the one hand, I can probably get away with it and it would get me back to my former strength quicker. On the other, better safe than sorry, especially given that my recovery ability is compromised by this cold I am coming down with. I'll drink a lot of milk during the day and gauge how I feel when I get to the gym, I guess.

Am liking Dune a lot so far. I have no plans to see any sort of cinematic adaptation.

Today: must contact advisor, set up appointment, then eventually register and pay for classes.

Ah, Kristin Lavransdatter! I don't know where my copy of the trilogy is. I think it may be at my parents' house. It came up in Blogoslavia. Really quite a nice set of books. But her winning the Nobel Prize, I think, is just another sign of the Scandinavian and Germanic bias of the Nobel Prize committees. Okay, she deserved it fair and square, but, seriously.

I like my wife. She has two tasks for today: wash my socks and purchase groceries. She may also make dinner, but the groceries are the important thing.

I think my snow boots are in the car. It's supposed to snow a lot.

I think I need more, better fitting clothes.

I'm out of kleenex. I will run to the store and grab some, plus some milk to drink. Toodles.

< Health Update | It occurs to me >
merry epiphany | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
How far are you in Dune? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 10:22:34 AM EST
Did you get to the part where the Baron tells Paul he is his father?

Whoa! An actual use of the spoiler tag by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 10:37:49 AM EST
to wrap an actual spoiler.

Is that legal?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

This is very hard for me.... by georgeha (4.00 / 6) #3 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 10:52:02 AM EST
First of all, - just for some background: My mom died right when I was born, (she was actually really, really hot- but this isn't about her. I guess that's messed up to say, but whatever.) I actually grew up with my dad's family, because my dad had all sorts of emotional issues and he bailed before I was born. So you can see, my childhood was really kind of messed up.

Anyways, growing up I feel like there was always a lot of distance between me and my sister. When I was about 17 or 18 I first noticed that my sister was a hottie.

I don't want to go into to many details about it, but basically what happened is that I accidentally found a video that she made of herself. I knew she didn't make it for me- but I thought she was so beautiful that I watched it twice. (probably would have watched it a hell of a lot more, except that like right around the time I found the video, all this crazy shit went down and I had to leave home. (My dad's family who I was staying with got in bad trouble with the law. I never talk about it).

Sooo... I was totally lusting after my sister at that point. She was also having bad trouble with the law. She was actually in custody when I left home.

My friend and I went to go pick her up. When I saw her that day, after seeing the video, I have to be honest, I just wanted to blank her brains out. Looking back on it now, it's pretty messed up- but I think she had feelings for me too. She actually kissed me right after we came to get her... and it wasn't a sisterly kiss, you know? I mean, it wasn't like ridiculously sexual or anything, but it definitely wasn't sisterly.

After we left, we all went to crash with my Sister's friends. On the trip there, my friend sort of implied that he wanted to get with my Sister, and I got a little jealous. He's a good looking guy- and even though she was my sister- I just felt like he was competition. Not much else happened between us for a while except some maybe-sexy hugging.

Pretty much everyone in my life at that point was wanted by the government, so we all moved around a lot. I'm not saying that I'm proud of it or anything, but it was kind of an awesome time.

My friend and my sister never hooked up I don't think- but I thought there was some serious sexual tension going on between them. It was around that time that I got really badly hurt in an accident. It was messed up. I almost died. But when I was in recovery my sister came to see me, and out of the clear blue sky she started gives me this awesome, slow, passionate kiss on the lips.

Sadly (although, I guess for the best) nothing ever came of it. We spent some time apart... and I started to get really religious, so I tried not to think of her that way. It was actually going well for a long time- like I was totally over her. But I have to say, like a year or so after all that stuff went down, we were out sailing (not like a date or anything romantic like that), and she was wearing like the hottest bikini I've ever seen and it brought back all the old feelings. Sigh.

A little while later she actually wound up with my friend from before (the sexual tension guy). I can't say I was surprised.

But even after she was shacking up with my friend, there was one time we were at a party... my friend was inside, and my sister and I were outside alone. It was a really intimate moment. I think something might have happened, except that I killed the mood when I told her that Darth Vader was our father and that I had to go face him.

That. Is. Awesome. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 11:27:04 AM EST
Seven!!! vc2fp! etc!

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I wish I could claim it by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 11:29:31 AM EST
I found it on a board dealing with dysfunctional relationships, but in the fun part of it. I was like, whoa, dude, this confession doesn't belong here.

I haven't gotten to that part yet by debacle (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 10:55:30 AM EST
Is that before or after Kirk shows up?

Dude. That guy doesn't show up until after by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 11:28:42 AM EST
Duncan and Thufir tag-team Jessica

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Which duncan? by debacle (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 11:29:18 AM EST
Have I said too much?

Not at all by marvin (4.00 / 1) #9 Wed Jan 06, 2010 at 11:38:18 AM EST
You didn't ask about which Jessica. Oops.

merry epiphany | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback