Print Story New Years Resolution. It's a tough one!
My new years resolution is to quit trolling. I've tried it before without success, but this time I intend to apply willpower.

I've been doing some deep introspection as part of a wider audit of my life, and it turns out there are some underlying psychological issues that I need to work out (possibly stemming from early adolescence), and "trolling" seems to be one of the ways these issues manifest themselves.

www.youtube.com/watch

It's going to be very difficult for me. Since the Internet for some unknown reason seems to bring out the worst in me. But hopefully I can use my willpower to avoid posting anything inflammatory or controversial this year. That means no more ranting about the obscene anti-democratic machinations of the EU, or about Gordon the 'one-eyed sell-all-the-gold-at-rock-bottom-prices Scottish idiot' Brown. No more whinging about the apathy of the British public, no more links to pseudo-scientific studies on such hot-button topics as evolutionary psychology.  No more reptilian conspiracies, no more 'free man on the land' get out of jail free stuff.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pets, kids, or any real life drama to relate, and my job whilst occasionally stressful is actually very interesting, reasonably well-remunerated (assuming we work out how to minimise the impact of gordon the moron's bonus tax) and all my co-workers are on other continents - no real issues there.

So i welcome suggestions from the community as to what I might talk about, now I have committed to a troll-free existence.

I also welcome any suggestions from any ex-trolls on this site who may be able to provide tips and hints on how to beat this pernicious addiction.
< resolutions, goals, etc. | I was up early today. >
New Years Resolution. It's a tough one! | 15 comments (15 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Bwah ha ha ha by marvin (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Jan 04, 2010 at 08:42:02 PM EST
I'd sooner believe you were giving up breathing. It might prove easier for you as well.

And you're looking for ex-trolls on this site?

I never said it would be easy. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Jan 04, 2010 at 08:43:53 PM EST
Hence my need to enlist the assistance of this supportive community...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Are you crabcore? by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 07:34:36 AM EST
Because he never said it would be easy either.

I'm sorry, I just can't see the words "never said it would be easy" without thinking of that monstrosity. And if you don't make it to the end, you missed the worst of it.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 04:19:25 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 05:20:25 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I never troll. by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 06:28:14 AM EST
I believe everything I post.

I can believe that by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 06:56:35 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Talk about your wimmin by jump the ladder (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 06:11:17 AM EST
But in a less sleazy style than anonimouse.

Unfortunately there is no drama to relate there by dmg (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 05:10:46 PM EST

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
But what about the dangers of by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 06:57:14 AM EST
chemicals?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Talk about by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 07:36:33 AM EST
butterflies and flowers and sunshine and all that other happy-happy, joy-joy crap. That seems to be the only way to avoid "trolling." Of course, it will also make you boring, irrelevant, and eventually, ignored.

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #11 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 08:30:32 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Can you adopt a kid? by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #12 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 08:34:05 AM EST
or maybe sponsor a kid living in poverty in an underdeveloped nation, maybe in Apalachia?

must. resist. urge. to. bite. by lm (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 05:23:52 PM EST
Darn it. I cannot resist.

You're trolling us, right?

Cicero, The Republic
It remains to be seen! by dmg (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Jan 05, 2010 at 08:13:46 PM EST

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.