Print Story EDM403 - Mike Hancock Replies
By codemonkey uk (Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 02:23:47 PM EST) (all tags)
My first political act of 2010 was to write to my MP about his signing of an Early Day Motion regarding the Atheist Bus Campaign.

He has replied, and I have uploaded an epic page widening scan of his letter of reply which I will include here, for the time being without commentary.

< I Like The Pope, The Pope Smokes Dope | Man those Danes. >
EDM403 - Mike Hancock Replies | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
First line, second paragraph. by hulver (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 02:29:50 PM EST
What?
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Would have been better split up into 3 sentences. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #3 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 02:52:43 PM EST
I think he's explaining why he got suckered by the proposer.

But, yeah, it's not a hugely literate letter in any part.

Also, not page widening.</smug person with hi-res laptop>

I'm sure I've seen underwear adverts on buses by Herring (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 05:42:04 PM EST
Now, if there's something you don't want to be seen supporting, would it be nads or knockers?

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Good work. by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #2 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 02:40:32 PM EST
Sounds like your note really reached him.

My political letters have only ever ended up on a pile with a tick-mark on some list.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 2) #4 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 04:05:49 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

This nearly made me break my resolution. by dmg (4.00 / 3) #5 Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 04:42:26 PM EST
Grrrr. This is proving far more difficult than I thought it would be...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Well by duxup (4.00 / 1) #7 Sun Jan 17, 2010 at 10:18:49 PM EST
It still might be easier to just buy him.

____
So, why didn't he think before he voted? by garlic (4.00 / 2) #8 Wed Jan 20, 2010 at 01:04:15 PM EST

Indeed by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #9 Thu Jan 21, 2010 at 04:03:20 AM EST
And how do I know he's not just saying what he thinks I want to hear to get my vote...

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
I've written to my MP, Kate Hoey, a few times by nebbish (4.00 / 2) #10 Mon Feb 01, 2010 at 06:39:36 AM EST
I've always had very considered and intelligent replies from her, even when I haven't been in agreement. I think MPs take letters quite seriously.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

EDM403 - Mike Hancock Replies | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback