Print Story It should be illegal
Ranting
By muchagecko (Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 03:45:02 PM EST) (all tags)
to mess with sweet little old ladies.

My grandmother just wrote to me in a panic because of the following information she received in a email message this morning.

HB 1388 PASSED

You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of a terrorist organization, to the United States; housing, food, the whole enchilada.
Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U.S. needs to know....

Something happened.... H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA. This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in migration assistance to the Palestinian refugees and conflict victims in Gaza.

The presidential determination, which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States, was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review....itemized list of some of Barack Obama' s most recent actions since his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U.S., but within the world, using U.S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainee halted.

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the terror attack on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being lost in the blinding bail-outs and stimulation packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself: http://www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
or

What kind of assholes get their thrills from messing with a 90+ year old woman?

Honestly, is there a way to report messages like this?

< I'm not fond of lawyers. | I'll take books that end in O for $200 >
It should be illegal | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
with whom would you report it to? by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #1 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 04:05:38 PM EST

Click
I don't know, by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 06:53:10 PM EST
but it's just wrong. There should be fines for people who lie to sweet little grandmas.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

That isn't the worst of it... by chuckles (3.63 / 8) #2 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 04:07:50 PM EST
Obama plans to staff his death panels with these Hamas members, and they'll be making the decision whether your grandmother receives life-saving medical care.

Yes by jump the ladder (4.00 / 5) #4 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 05:14:18 PM EST
They murdered Stephen Hawking.

and grandma's going to be the first one by webwench (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 02:23:08 PM EST
up against the wall when the death panels come.

I hate these shitty emails.

Getting more attention than you since 1998 .

You know the real problem here: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 3) #3 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 04:54:15 PM EST

grandmas shouldn't even know what email is. How the hell did that happen, anyway?

She's always been ahead of her time, by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 07:00:07 PM EST
and jumped into email and the internet by 2001. At least that's when I started getting messages from her.

Even though most of her friends are idiots from some AOL group, for a 90-something year old, she's too bright for her age.

I shouldn't wonder why things in my life haven't been cherry, considering my unfortunate gene pool. Damn.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

2001 by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 08:50:00 PM EST
was pretty late in the internet game.

Not for a woman in her 80's then. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 01:27:00 AM EST

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

it's all relative by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 08:38:21 AM EST
hardee har har!

Heh, silverjim, Johny, ad hoc, me by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 07:14:41 PM EST
probably igirll and a whole slew of others are old enough to be grandparents.

All I know by ad hoc (4.00 / 3) #8 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 07:43:13 PM EST
is I could really use a nap.
if only those kids outside would stop playing by georgeha (4.00 / 3) #9 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 07:54:05 PM EST
that loud hippity hoppity music!

and what's more by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #13 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 01:14:48 PM EST
they should be moving off your lawn

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
I endorse this thread by infinitera (4.00 / 1) #16 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 03:27:19 PM EST
There should be no kids on my lawn, no loud music in my presence, and clear accommodations for naps.

27 is not too young to enjoy being old!

Wait til you discover the joys of by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 04:31:39 PM EST

lengthy complaint letters to major corporations...

my wife already discovered that! by infinitera (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 05:45:23 PM EST
But she is 4 months older, after all.

$$ 20 MILLIONS $$ US DOLLARS by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 01:49:08 PM EST
divided by THREE HUNDREDS MILLIONS Americans. So your gran spent around three whole nickels to move a bunch of people willing to do shitty jobs for shittier pay out of a war zone and into a country with a lot of shitty jobs which need doing.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Not much of the email message is true. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 04:03:27 PM EST
This article from FactCheck.org covers it pretty well: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/hr-1388-passed-behind-our-backs/

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Which version do you want to use to explain it? by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #19 Thu Sep 10, 2009 at 05:04:05 PM EST
A 15-fucking-page long-winded factcheck-dot-org explanation with 27 eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence or "three nickels"?

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

It's rather spamish that note. by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 1) #21 Fri Sep 11, 2009 at 12:21:59 PM EST
Without the "give us your money for a bigger penis" twist. Really, I dare guess it wasn't targeted at any one at all, rather, everyone. So no one is directly targeting old ladies. What I don't like about it is the non sequitur way the note announces that all refugess from a particular area are humas terrorists just for being from that area. LOGIC FAIL.

Hope you told her it was just some stupid spin doctors being attention whores.

True. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #22 Fri Sep 11, 2009 at 02:03:21 PM EST
Unfortunately my grandmother is especially sensitive to messages like this.

She gave me the name and email address of the guy who sent it to her. I'll be writing him a nasty note.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

So it wasn't a mass e-bombing? by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 1) #23 Fri Sep 11, 2009 at 02:26:01 PM EST
Rather, an individual actually put effort into forwarding it? I Be Flabberghasted.

It should be illegal | 23 comments (23 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback