Print Story So the FTC or the FCC or whoever
By dev trash (Thu Sep 03, 2009 at 09:27:26 PM EST) (all tags)
Banned robocalls on Sept. 1. Also any Ocean City MD area folk wishing to meet up, drop me a PM

But that doesn't mean shit to 'political' parties.  Because I got a call tonight, telling me that Kanjorski votes with Nancy Pelosi 97.3% of the time,and if we don't stop it they're gonna cut Medicare!!!!1

Also see that some people are spreading misinformation about the tax for clunkers rebates being taxable in April.  The vibe I get is "I didn't get a new car not because I hate the plan, but OMG THEY'RE GONNA TAX IT AND YOU PEOPLE ARE SUKCERS"

Did I see on the news tonight that there are going to be Congressional hearings in January on WHY milk processors like Dean are making profits of 31% when OMG there's a recession!

Borders Gal again:  "Where have you been???? I've been looking for you!"

Busy Gal:  I'm free all weekend!!!  Me:  I'll be outta town.  Busy Gal: :(  Oh well, you had your chances, and I'm not sticking around NE PA waiting for you to cancel again when I can be on the beach.

I looked damn fine today.

audiobytes for autobots, not bad either.

< FFC and stuff | Fly Away Home >
So the FTC or the FCC or whoever | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
A profit margin of 31% is odd for a commodity by lm (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Sep 04, 2009 at 07:21:03 AM EST
Most commodity producers get by on single digit profit margins. Even at the height of oil prices, the oil companies were making 8% and 9% profit margins. Their windfall being because eight or nine percent of an unexpectedly high fuckload of cash is unexpectedly high.

A profit margin over 30% is usually only seen by the Microsofts and Symantecs of the world. I'm sure there are a few other industries where that sort of money is the norm. But for most firms, it's more of a fantasy than any likely reality.

Cicero, The Republic
add by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Sep 04, 2009 at 06:16:57 PM EST
BIG Milk to that list.  Dairy farmers are already at the whims of the Feds with milk prices, the processors colluding and setting fees or whatever is gonna be a mess, come January I think.

Click
I know a couple dairy farmers personally by lm (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Sep 04, 2009 at 07:06:38 PM EST
Some in Ohio, one in Kentucky. They'd give their left nut to make a profit margin of 30%.

Cicero, The Republic
hell yeah by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Sep 04, 2009 at 09:46:11 PM EST

Click
I'm just... by prestidigitizer (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Sep 04, 2009 at 10:46:14 AM EST
glad I didn't get penalized for trading my car in on a *gasp* less fuel efficient vehicle. I did, however, reduce my commute by 2/3, so I think I still have a net gain on my carbon jackboot-print this year.

Pity you didn't post this diary... by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 08:12:42 AM EST
Before I left for OC on Thursday. Hope you had fun. Especially on The Boardwalk.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

yeah I know by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Sep 09, 2009 at 03:56:48 PM EST
I had gotten busy and then meh.  And then I lost my password and couldn;t even get logged on.

I did venture down to the Boardwalk and walked 1.5 miles in the driving rain.

Click