Print Story September 27 1980
Marriage
By johnny (Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 09:37:40 AM EST) (all tags)
Photos & just a few words.

Can't figure out, after several tries, why the one photo gets flipped sideways. I give up.

It's a lot of bytes, but eveybody has bandwidth these days, right?  Besides, this is a rare occasion when y'all get to see photographic evidence that Dear Wife actually exists.

johnny gets lucky
The wedding party looks nervous as the Justice of the Peace calls the proceeding to order.
Aren`t we cute?
Getting down to bizniz: johnny weds Betty.

What the hell was she thinking? Does she have any idea what she's getting into? Betty weds johnny.
I love her smile!
Husband and Wife. Dear Wife is five months pregnant.
The adventure begins
Eat your hearts out, fellas. She's mine all mine.
Ain`t she something?

Happy/Sad
My sister Maureen looks on as Betty & I tie the knot. Maureen died one year ago today.

< Hilly ride | He didn't seem particularly good at knitting >
September 27 1980 | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Happy anniversary by brokkr (4.00 / 1) #1 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 12:48:09 PM EST
There is something about scans of paper photos that digital can't recreate. Your sister looks equal parts happy and apprehensive.
Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn, at aldrei deyr: dómr um dau∂an hvern.

Happy Anniversary! /nt by yankeehack (4.00 / 1) #2 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 12:51:52 PM EST

Dang. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 12:59:54 PM EST
You really *did* get lucky. Happy anno, old bean!

Happy anniversary. by ana (4.00 / 1) #4 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 01:43:54 PM EST
You were a handsome young thing...

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

That was going to be my WIPO. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #7 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 04:50:57 PM EST
Today's my parents' 40th anniversary.

Please pass along by johnny (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:01:43 AM EST
best wishes from johnny & Dear Wife.

Happy anniversary by dark nowhere (4.00 / 1) #5 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 03:58:42 PM EST
and thanks for sharing the pics. I miss seeing the particular qualities of 'old' film photos. :)

Chill out, snowflake.

Thanks and I"m getting the by johnny (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 04:11:14 PM EST
crying baby jesus picture instead of the first image, oh well. Hope it wasn't too rude to put up this many big pictures. . . Promise I won't do it again, Hulver, until my 52nd anniversary.

I should have made a jacket for her voodoo doll. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #8 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 06:08:07 PM EST
If I get a chance I'll do something purple, white and lavender for it.

You really are lucky. You both are very handsome/pretty.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Woah by duxup (4.00 / 1) #9 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 06:53:06 PM EST
Looks like you've got some dust on your sensor there but those are some awesome old fashioned shooting modes your camera has. How many mega pixels is that camera anyway?

____
VS2FP by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #10 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 09:07:25 PM EST
Congratulations, and I love the pictures.
aaaand... by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #11 Sun Sep 27, 2009 at 09:35:00 PM EST
You're both still just as good looking.

Happy anniversary.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

aw shucks NT by johnny (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 05:24:33 AM EST

Tits or GTFO by darkbrown (4.00 / 1) #12 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 04:14:30 AM EST
I rotated your landscape one for you, it was hurting my eyes.

Thanks by johnny (2.00 / 0) #14 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 05:33:18 AM EST
I completely fail the upload biz. Every scan came out wrong, and incorrectly rotated & covered in dust & scratch marks. My edits all made things worse & I would start over. Only the third time I've scanned in photos & first time I tried to edit them. I was going to try to compress them so as not to be a bandwidth hog, but all of those efforts created giant lossage.

So thanks.  One of these days I'm going to learn how to do this with some kind of order. I've got a ton of old photos I'd like to archive/edit.

Picasa isn't too bad. by darkbrown (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 06:12:33 AM EST
If you don't want to know what a layer is. Most people don't.

Considering it was 1980 by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #17 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 07:27:09 AM EST
The suit you're wearing is completely non-horrifying.

My scanner is a Canon Digital Rebel on a tripod. Put the picture on a black background, "scan" it, and use a photo editor to crop it.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Sweetaroo! by littlestar (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Sep 28, 2009 at 08:34:04 AM EST
Happy Anniversary! You're anniversary present from me is that I have finished the museum work now and can now lose my educated voice and turn my attention back to the book (it is actually getting done slowly but surely!).

The pictures are lovely by the by, you both look so content.

*twinkle*twinkle*

both of you by Kellnerin (4.00 / 1) #19 Tue Sep 29, 2009 at 08:15:50 PM EST
look the way everyone getting married should look: unreasonably happy.

Congrats to you, all these years later.

"Plans aren't check lists, they are loose frameworks for what's going to go wrong." -- technician

Dear sir.... by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #20 Wed Oct 07, 2009 at 08:58:47 PM EST
... most moving ....

Happy anniversary! by technician (4.00 / 1) #21 Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 10:46:25 PM EST
Fantastic.