Print Story MTV makes me want to smoke crack.
Educashun
By gzt (Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 01:34:03 PM EST) gzt, ties (all tags)
Fall out of a window and I'm never coming back.

Actually, it seems that I am on Firefox 3.5.3 on my desktop and it still has problems with gmail and facebook. Bastards. I don't want to use IE anymore! Why don't you love me, Firefox?!

I got the rings in the mail yesterday. Mine fit. Works well. I hope my finger doesn't get any bigger, because it's sized to fit.

I'm not sure about that exam. October looks extremely busy even without that whole "wedding" thing coming up. Le sigh. I'll take a class in the spring and take an exam as well, that should look good.

I picked up ties for the wedding party, but I don't like two, in retrospect, and like a couple I saw on teh internets, so I'll return them and order internetsy ties. I might have my father just wear his own tie, since it's hard to find ties in his size that are "wedding ties" and I suppose I want, in retrospect, parents delineated from the wedding party for a variety of reasons.

Wedding ties: you know, ties in a silver, black, and grey (possibly white) color scheme, in patterns like glen plaid or shepherd's check or herringbone. Not all matching. Indeed, the very idea of having everybody match is unseemly.

Getting replies to invitations. Hammering out details. R seems fairly stressed.

I should re-do some student loan math. Something to talk about tonight. One of the things doesn't add up.

I really like YNAB. It'll be good.

< Lulz | 7 years >
MTV makes me want to smoke crack. | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I'm running FF 3.5.3 by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 01:44:18 PM EST
On Win Server 2008. No problems with Gmail or Facebook.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Vista Home Premium. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 01:48:09 PM EST
64 bit. And I only have 1GB RAM. All sorts of opportunities for fail.

My new laptop has Vister Ultimate by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 02:12:19 PM EST
It takes 1.5 GB just to boot.
If I had $40 to spare... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 03:08:32 PM EST
...I'd buy more RAM. Until then, I'm just suffering. Suffering, suffering, suffering. Well, okay, I at least plugged a USB drive in for ReadyBoost, which helps very slightly.

Actually, I should double-check that it's not actually slowing things down by offloading too much stuff that could be taken care of in actual RAM...

The only reason I'm not running Lunix right now is that I just bought some budgeting software that only runs on Windows. And it's awesome budget software. But, then again, you know, the laptop has to run Windows because of its wireless capabilities, so we can put the budget software on that... I digress.

Memory by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 03:12:52 PM EST
I didn't see memory on the bridal registry.
if it doesn't feel to crass to you, by garlic (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 01:58:30 PM EST
post some links to your wedding registry.

I'll post in the hole when I get home by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 02:06:20 PM EST

aw hell by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 02:22:27 PM EST
Yay! by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Sep 16, 2009 at 01:47:53 AM EST
Wonder if you can do in-store pickup at Target?

Maybe? by gzt (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed Sep 16, 2009 at 09:01:24 AM EST
Are you asking whether that's an option they offer, or an option we are able to do? I don't know the answer to the former, but we could do the latter.

Problems with Facebook in Firefox? by marvin (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 02:07:29 PM EST
That sounds like a feature, not a bug.

Sounds like I'll be installing 3.5.3 on my wife's computer tonight.

Good point. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 02:09:42 PM EST
But the gmail thing, that's a bit annoying.

Chrome works fine for me by lm (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Sep 15, 2009 at 08:01:17 PM EST
At least on gmail. I don't know about Facebook. It's banned at my work.

Cicero, The Republic