Print Story How I became a Socialist.
Health
By dmg (Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 06:58:39 PM EST) (all tags)
So I had the misfortune to require treatment of an emergency nature this weekend. So I made my way to the A&E department of my local NHS hospital.
It took nearly 90 minutes (after triage) to get some X-rays and for the doctor to address my predicament. For this I paid the princely sum of zero GBP, and the female doctor was a hottie too!
If this is Socialism, bring it on!!

I expect to die of MRSA within the next few weeks, or of undiagnosed complications, so its not all good news...
< Oops... | A good day >
How I became a Socialist. | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Story is useless without pix of the doctor. -nt by chuckles (4.00 / 2) #1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 07:49:26 PM EST

Unfortunately I did not have the presence of mind by dmg (2.00 / 0) #2 Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 08:19:20 PM EST
To whip out my mobile phone and start snapping...

However, I can report that there was more than a passing resemblance to Rhona Mitra.
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
But surely by jayhawk88 (4.00 / 2) #3 Sun Sep 13, 2009 at 08:41:07 PM EST
The Death Panel will be sending their SS troops to harvest your organs any day now?

That all depends... by greyshade (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Sep 14, 2009 at 02:24:03 PM EST
I'm guessing they would have just put me down instead of patched me up.  Since they bothered with dmg, he may have something to worry about.

Lousy Socialist by jimgon (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Sep 14, 2009 at 02:38:38 PM EST
Here in the Free World my father was sent to the emergency room and spent ten hours in an area packed with patients before they found an empty bed in a room for him.  That's right only ten hours before finding a room.  Then he spent the next day having tests done to discover his herniated diaphram was re-herniated and he needed surgery.  That's right only thirty-four hours to be diagnosed with a potentially life threatening situation (he's eighty-three and it was bad).  Then another two days to have the surgery even though he couldn't eat.  Now that's how you run a health system.

Just say no to socialism.

---------------