Print Story ATTN COMICS READING-TYPE INFIDELS
By iGrrrl (Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 01:50:15 PM EST) (all tags)
 Someone expressed an interest in my 80s-era issues of Heavy Metal.

They include Ranxerox, I think the Incal, some amazing Druillet, the better translation of one of my favorite Moebius pieces, "What is Reality,Papa?", and many more wonderful things, like part of Matt Howarth's Changes." Corben's "DEN."

(Hmm. Do I really want to get rid of these?)

Who said they wanted them, and was serious?  It'll fill six or eight magazine holders.
< Thtuff | I keep my book in a big plastic ziplock bag >
ATTN COMICS READING-TYPE INFIDELS | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Silly. Rip them to mp3s before selling them. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 05:50:17 PM EST

They're pictures dude by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 07:08:39 PM EST
divx of igirrl turning the pages.

I think he knows that by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 09:35:55 PM EST
I think he was being funny. Which he was, especially since there's there is the .cbr format should I lose my mind and decide to convert them.

One of the funnier artifacts in the comics, at least to me, is the advertisement for the very snarky T-Shirts. I have since regretted not buying the one that said:
ZAPPA
IS
FRANK

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

I figured by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 09:39:29 PM EST
I have a few of those, too, for a year or two in the 80s I was buying Heavy Metal.

I had a subscription by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 11:04:09 PM EST
It scandalized the women's college I attended for two years.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

That's probably why I didn't subscribe by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 10:46:05 AM EST
I wasn't sure of my parents reaction. Given that they subscribed to National Lampoon, there may not have been much of one.

No, sorry. I was being truthfuly stupid. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #13 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 12:51:43 PM EST

That is even funnier [n/t] by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #20 Tue Sep 01, 2009 at 09:43:34 AM EST

Oh. Duh. by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 12:51:01 PM EST
Well, scanners are cheap too...

yes they are by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 09:39:46 PM EST
But my time isn't...

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Not selling, giving by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 08:59:34 PM EST
Free to good home. I'll even pay the postage.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 05:28:32 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

International shipping by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 10:26:02 AM EST
 ...That's another story. I'll send them if you pay the freight.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #11 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 11:03:52 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I'll get back to you on that by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #14 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 05:16:53 PM EST
 I'm in Milwaukee at the moment (Hi, LilFlightTest and nstenz, but I'm up to my eyebrows every night). Will find out eventually and let you know.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

*long distance waving* by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #15 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 05:28:46 PM EST
I was actually just thinking about the dinner we had at Mader's...I've been using the valet parking card as a bookmark, and looking at it earlier today made me think of the yummy fishes I ate there, and how long it'd been since I got to talk lab with anyone. mmm....fishes....
---------
It was fun! by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 09:38:55 PM EST
I'm just over my head this time. Also, though Wednesday might be possible, it's a "school night" for you. Possible?

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

possible by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #18 Sun Aug 30, 2009 at 10:03:00 PM EST
but not sure. i've got a lot going on at work this week. Perhaps it's best to skip it this time, since you're busy, and we're busy.
---------
agreed by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Aug 31, 2009 at 06:34:12 AM EST
Plus, I'll be back.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Part of me is interested by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 07:21:26 PM EST
But the bigger part that is trying to figure out how to clean the den is swearing off non-digital toys.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman