Print Story Phone interview starts
By Tonatiuh (Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 09:32:31 AM EST) (all tags)
Riiiiing, riiing.

Dude in $BIG_MEDIA_COMPANY: Hello? Is that Mr T?

Me: Yup.

To be continued ....
< gah. bugs. | New England has often been bad for the crown >
Phone interview starts | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
(Comment Deleted) by xth (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 09:33:37 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

Interview continued by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 10:12:09 AM EST
Dude in $BIG_MEDIA_COMPANY:  your CV has too many skills, you fucking liar.

Me: I am not a liar.

Dude: and you are Spanish speaking, your accent sucks, d-o  y-o-u  u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d  m-e?

Me: yes mate, I do.

Dude: I was warned about Spanish speaking people like you, which is why I am going soft on you, an English person would be crying full of despair by now.

Me:  well, gee, thanks.

Dude:  OK,  how do you do $ONCE_IN_A _LIFETIME_SETUP ?

Me: I don't remember, I did it once several years ago, I think you may be the only person to whom it is relevant nowadays.

Dude: Ha! Got you! How did you know I would be the only one to know?

Me:  must be my lucky day.

Dude:   I thing you suck actually.

Me:  yeah, I can see what a great chance I am missing. Good bye. <hangs>

If you think I am making this up, I assure you, I am changing only some of the wording, but the gist of it is accurate.

Drat by hulver (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 10:30:07 AM EST
Sounds like a really good job you've just missed out on there.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Jeepers by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 10:36:28 AM EST

(Comment Deleted) by xth (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 11:00:05 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by xth

I was. by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #14 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 05:37:46 AM EST
I started wanting the job, I ended just hating the thought of ever working there.

Um by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 11:23:19 AM EST
That sounds borderline illegal interviewing.

I see no borderline. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 12:11:35 PM EST
Plain old nasty racism.

I am considering complaining. by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #13 Sat Aug 29, 2009 at 05:36:09 AM EST
Nevertheless in the small world of IT one should avoid burning bridges :-/

At some point in my life I have been boss of people that interviewed me before for other jobs.

I am wishing for it to happen again :-)

I love it when a plan comes together. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 10:47:59 AM EST
Over in 5.

Yep, his plan was brilliant... by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 10:59:35 AM EST
I am sure he has a mate of his lined up for the job and is going through the motions only because he must ...

Heh by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 11:03:13 AM EST
Some interviewers will do a "stress interview" like that just to see how you deal with the unexpected - seems rather odd to me.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Leave psych experiments by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Aug 28, 2009 at 11:13:40 AM EST
to the pros.